HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Name Generators & Resources

Go down 
AuthorMessage
auntielynds
Admin
auntielynds

Name Generators & Resources Empty
PostSubject: Name Generators & Resources   Name Generators & Resources EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 am

Name Generators

Can't think of any more street names, Sim names, Town names? Well, here you go;

Town Name Generator

Street Name Generator

Serendipity
People, Places Things, Stories. Tons of name generators.

Seventh SanctumThank you Rachel!
Every kind of name generator you'll ever need. :D

@Susinok wrote:
This enormous collection of names from all over the world was put together by Kate Monk for the gaming community. The site she started on shut down, so someone else copied it over to it's own site.

http://tekeli.li/onomastikon/index.html

I know this is not "exactly" building related, but the hardest thing for me to do is to come up with an interesting name for something or someone. I wasn't sure where else to put this handy reference.

Onomasikon means "Dictionary of Names".

Last edited by auntielynds on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio
auntielynds
Admin
auntielynds

Name Generators & Resources Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Generators & Resources   Name Generators & Resources EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:53 am

RGB to Color Name Mapping
This can be used for finding the right colors for your water and sky if you're playing around with ini files.

I've been using WinRar, but have recently switched to 7-zip, which has a better file compression. I tested an 80mb world file, and archived it with both. Using the highest settings for both, 7-zip got it archived at 57.5mbs, and WinRar archived it at 61.7mbs. They are both free downloads, although Winrar is what is referred to as "Nagware" After a trial period the program starts nagging you to buy it whenever you use it, but it's just a little popup.

7-zip File Archiver

WinRAR-32-bit
WinRAR-64-bit

C-Net Reviews

This little dittie shows how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. You can also take a screen capture by hitting F-10. Take as many as you want, Fraps will save them all to a screenshots folder so you can edit them later. Great for screen captures while in Caw.

Fraps Screen Capture Software & FPS Display
Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology.

⭐ Free Download

Just found this little goody thanks to Euphorial Queen.

ColourLovers.com
COLOURlovers is a creative community where people from around the world create
and share colors, palettes and patterns, discuss the latest trends and explore colorful
articles... All in the spirit of love.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio

Name Generators & Resources
Page 1 of 1