For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stw402.

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402   Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 am

Subject: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 pm
by Stw402

WARNING: The creator of this tutorial has not been active on this forum for at least 12 months, and has not updated any of the information. I have added a current tutorial in the second post.
auntielynds

Stw402 wrote:
Due to the nature of this topic, some people might wish this information is not readily available, I can fully understand why, thou on the flip side of the coin the information, is worth it's weight in gold to the person who wishes to share a world for testing, also I wonder how many people have lost uploads due to time outs and needed to re upload to a file share.

Even now I've got my doubts about sharing this info, but my test world, uploaded and I've managed to upload the same test world onto my web page. I've not read all the comments what people have used, that are against this info from being shared, but will live in the hope, that people will use this info for good and not re-upload other people's work, without prior permission.

This is stilll in testing, I would only use this guide as a last ditch attempt to re-upload your world, DO NOT MAKE PLANS TO UPLOAD YOUR WORLD, MANY TIMES, IN THE HOPE THAT THIS GUIDE WILL GET YOUR WORLD UPLOADED. Also at this time only minor test have been made, it taken me nearly 2 hours just to get both version of the world onto my web page.

I will be using this info to update my worlds, should they need updating after EP's are released & should any major bugs come to light after release.

To get this to work your going to need s3pe, you can download this here:-

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q003tp7nfllup0e3prvl630m21&topic=189.0

First thing to do is make a test world with a unique name, for example, if your world was called spooks Island beta , then call this new world Spooks Island alpha. You can use any name you wish except the name of the current world you have already uploaded.

At this time, it is my thinking that you wish to re-upload a world that is already on your web-page, so open S3pe, and click file, then open the new world in s3pe

The next step will be to find wpid file and extract this file to your desktop, this is the unique code that the game gives to your world prior to uploading, this code is the code that stops you uploading a second world or stealing somebody's world.

If you are having problems finding the Wpid file, switch on the tags menu at the bottom of the screen, if you then set the files in alphabetical order by the Tag menu at the top, the wpid file is the second from the end.

To export the file right click on the file, select, export and then to file.

Next step is to make a full backup of your current world......

Ok now open your world inside S3PE, right click on your wpid file inside your world and delete, and then click resource an the top menu and import the extracted wpid file from the other world, remember to save before you exit and then you are good to go.

The last step will be to extract the world using CAW and re-upload using the launcher.

This picture is the same world uploaded to my web-page, just before I deleted them:-

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 Upload

You will after take my word that they where two identical worlds.

Troubleshooting

Should you have any problems uploading your world, try editing the title name inside caw also you might wish to download this program:-

Cheat engine to upload lots

http://www.simmerssociety.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=18&id=9279

Also this thread I also found useful from the same forum:-

TOPIC: Lot Won't Upload? Try These Tips.

http://www.simmerssociety.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=18&id=28785

Remember to test any worlds that you use this on, download them from your web-page and do a full test of the world and good luck.

KEEP A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL WPID FILE

If you keep a copy of this file and should the unthinkable happen and somebody steals your world, then this Wpid could be used as evidence to show who uploaded the original world.
Back to top Go down
auntielynds
Admin
auntielynds

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402   Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Changing out the WPID File

The WPID file is what the game, and the Exchange use to identify the world, kind of like a product number. Change the file, and the game views it as a different world.

Open up S3pe, click on "File" on the bar at the top, click on "Open", and find your .world file.

They should be in;
Documents,
Electronic Arts,
Sims 3 Create a World
UserToolData
Worlds

It should look like this, I'm opening up my WhovilleBeta;
Make sure you click the "All Files" option, or your .world file won't show up.
Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 S3pe210

Once you open it up, this is what it will look like;

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 S3pe10

make sure on the lower menu in the center there, you check the "display" "names" and "tags".

Click on the "Tag" bar at the top a couple times and you should see the "WPID" File

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 28151li

Now just click on the WPID, right click, "Deleted". Then click on "file" on the top bar again, and "Save".

A brand new WPID file will be generated, thus the game, and the Exchange will recognize it as a different world.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 Th_cow10
Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402 Dv-hea10
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio

Tutorial: How to re-upload worlds to the exchange by Stw402
Page 1 of 1