For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
the.sleeper

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm

These pics are great! Thanks! That sink in the last pic is great, can I use it, do you have a link?
FYI - loved the "References" folder pictures. And one of the subfolders tipped me off to The Settlers game. Never heard of it, and it looks right up my alley!

This is the layout I'm tentatively working on:
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 Screen12

I'm using the Simple Ladder off of MTS, but I can remove it if you like. That's the only CC that you haven't already given the go-ahead for that I added.
So, I put in a cellar because it made more sense to me to keep the fridge down there, and maybe having some shelving, random sacks, and some potatoe plants (too much?). The bathing stuff is in the small building off to the side (this is actually the leftmost lot in the previous pic). And I have the stove in the middle of the house, in lieu of the redundant firepit, though I know the firepit would look more authentic.

I have run into a real snag though - I can't place ceiling tiles, and I know that's important. I put a floor on the level above, but then when I tilt up to look at it from below, I see the sky. Not sure what to do about this...

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 Screen13

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 Screen14
Back to top Go down
jje1000

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Settlers and Anno1404 are both excellent games, lots of detail and good art direction that hasn't left them looking dated.

IMO I would avoid basements because they're labor-intensive, and these houses should prove otherwise. Maybe for houses with foundations, you can do a sunken half-basement, but having the fridge above ground saves a bit of walking that sims will need to do.

I think I would avoid the ladder, mainly because it lacks an animation, and is something that I think may be replaced when Island Paradise comes out. Personal preference, but I'll still direct players to the mod if they feel like they need it.

As for the missing ceiling tiles, you should probably do a Constrainfloorelevation flatten, and then replace the floor tiles. It's happened elsewhere!

Anyways, great start, and I can't wait to see it finished thumbs up
Back to top Go down
the.sleeper

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Alrighty, removed the basement and ladder, put in a ceiling.

I did look over some of the farmer's huts and noticed that most of them didn't have any ceilings, instead they have some "beams" (which look awesome!) and then it's open to the roof. I think this is much more accurate to how the houses actually looked. So...do I need to leave in the ceiling, or can I do a similar thing?
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Your call Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3