For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jje1000

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

silverwyd wrote:
I haven't been able to find anything about reverting to a pre-1.42 patch level or workarounds. Do you know how to find specific raw files in the library? (I know where it's located, I just have no idea how to find a specific file since they have long file names.)

You could try removing everything from that the library file, putting it into a temp file, and reuploading lots from the world into the library.

I could rebuild using your templates, but my spare time is really becoming a premium these days, with real-life work that need to be addressed. No
Back to top Go down

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:41 pm

@jje1000 wrote:
You could try removing everything from that the library file, putting it into a temp file, and reuploading lots from the world into the library.

Unfortunately, it just crashed the game when I tried that. Hopefully someone else will have time or maybe they'll update CAW soon. It took me less than an hour to build each one. (It took longer to playtest.) If I get time later in the week I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling on my 2nd laptop and rebuilding the houses.
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Again, I'm really sorry about this whole thing- I hope it isn't inconveniencing you in any manner!
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 am

Current workplan for 1.42. There's still no clear solution to the lot issue, so here's a plan:

1. Lowrisim and hopefully you will be able to revert to 1.38 and help build a number of lots. I will try to finish work on weather and .ini settings, as well as the spawners. Lots are checked and placed.

3. Rian90 builds her lots, lots are checked and exported. The unfinished shells in the 1.36 game are either cleaned up to a furnishable state, or cleared out.

3. World is reviewed and exported. The download will come in two zips- the main world download and Rian's furnished lots + Seasons lots.

This way, the only lots that need to be placed are Rian's and the three Seasons lots (Tournament Grounds and Main Square).

Here's two quick snaps of some quick detail work I managed to squeeze in. Most important one is the gatehouse- it'll help better define the Cathedral + Hospital + Bishop's Residence grounds. Some houses around town were also given some extra floors to emphasize that crowded medieval feeling.
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-31-1-1The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-34
Back to top Go down
Susinok
Susinok

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 am

Wow it is looking very authentic... and beautiful. My hometown is a medieval town in Germany and this looks spot on.
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Susinok
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Updated world file with more finished areas and nifty new weather files! Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress, so there'll be kinks to iron out.

- More realistic water color
- Darker, bluer shadows, brighter highlights!
- Slightly desaturated nights
- Sky-horizon colors still need to be worked out to avoid the pesky land-is-brighter-than-sky issue
- Weather needs to be further tweaked
- Work on balancing darkness and brightness, as CAW shots are much different than in-game shots
- Even warmer tones? Even more washed-out bright areas?
- Fog in CAW is different than in-game fog
- Ways to further distort water reflections? Get additional atmospheric bloom?
- Addressing the annoying shadow fade-out

Also, the CC file has been updated with the additon of some tapestries, chests and a texture.

Get it here:
rapidshare.com Praaven.rar
rapidshare.com CC.rar

Timelapse
Spoiler:

City Views (12:00pm or so)
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-32-3
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-39-3
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-35
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-37-1-1
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin
MerryWiddow

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 pm

It looks wonderful. thumbs up

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/ http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio
EuphorialQueen
Admin
EuphorialQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

The time and effort really shows. The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 1793704692 The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 3934987475 The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 3934987475
Back to top Go down
https://euphorialqueen.com/ http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks Smile

Again, any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Updated CC List
Back to top Go down
the.sleeper

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm

silverwyd wrote:
I've done two small farming houses for the Vale. I'm hoping I am building in the right area as I didn't find any lots labelled as such (just went assumed via description). These are not really rocky lots so they should fit okay if moved to another lot with a few clicks of the soften terrain button. I've also included two fishing huts for the headwaters (small stone huts, built into the land with large overhangs for warmth).

Could you please provide some pics of where you placed these in the world?
Back to top Go down
Nilxis
Nilxis

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi jje!
I've been following your progress in MTS for a long time and I'm more impressed with every picture you post. It reminds me of when I was at Carcassonne, France.
Amazing! applause applause
Back to top Go down
http://htttp://nilxisdesigns.blogspot.com
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks! Your worlds are always great and stand out among a sea of tropical islands and everything-worlds!

Anyways, the earliest version of this world was directly based on Carcassone, unfortunately I had to rebuild it as the lots were too small and too many!

Progress so far:

Currently at this rate, progress is a little slow, but I'm hoping for at least a majority of the world finished by the New Year! Hopefully, this weekend will allow me to do some final touch ups on the weather files.

- Sky-horizon colors still need to be worked out to avoid the pesky land-is-brighter-than-sky issue
- Weather needs to be further tweaked- perhaps a bit more saturated skies and brighter clouds
- Stronger highlights? Bluer shadows? Even more washed-out bright areas?
- Fog in CAW is different than in-game fog- hopefully a Guru will get around to help
- Ways to further distort water reflections? Get additional atmospheric bloom?
- Addressing the shadow fade-out

Building wise...

lowrisim is helping finish the monastery, perhaps other lots as well?
rian90 is finishing up houses in the city; her lots as post-1.42 and must be placed by the players.
silverwyd is helping out in the foothills (her lots are all finished, but they are 1.42 lots and will be rebuilt as 1.36); she has also gone AWOL for the moment.
I may swoop in to finish up a few lots here and there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 am

@the.sleeper wrote:
Could you please provide some pics of where you placed these in the world?

This is where I placed the farming houses:
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Dontbu10

And this is where I placed my fishing huts:
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Dontbu11

Sorry for being AWOL, I work a great deal and have extremely poor internet (especially now that the bad weather is coming). I'm having trouble re-installing on the second laptop as since it takes a super long time to download the digital editions from Origin, so if someone else has the time, perhaps they could tackle it on their pre 1.42 computers. If there's anything else like playtesting with the new patch, or translating stuff to French or German, I could tackle that on Saturdays or the upcoming Christmas holidays.

Keep up the amazing work everyone.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm still going to try and get my 2nd laptop running on the older patch so I can rebuild those lots and contribute a few more as needed. Smile

WOOHOO! Got it running on patch 1.36! Going to start rebuilding my lots so they'll hopefully be done by the weekend!

Last edited by silverwyd on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gramcrackers
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 am

What a beautiful world!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 pm

silverwyd wrote:
Sorry for being AWOL, I work a great deal and have extremely poor internet (especially now that the bad weather is coming). I'm having trouble re-installing on the second laptop as since it takes a super long time to download the digital editions from Origin, so if someone else has the time, perhaps they could tackle it on their pre 1.42 computers. If there's anything else like playtesting with the new patch, or translating stuff to French or German, I could tackle that on Saturdays or the upcoming Christmas holidays.

Keep up the amazing work everyone.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm still going to try and get my 2nd laptop running on the older patch so I can rebuild those lots and contribute a few more as needed. Smile

WOOHOO! Got it running on patch 1.36! Going to start rebuilding my lots so they'll hopefully be done by the weekend!

I'm super sorry to hear about all the problems you had to go though to get the game uninstalled- and I'm super excited to hear that every works fine!

Progress is a bit slow, but I've added a few lots by lowrisim to the Monastery sector, and added a new lot for grazing over there.

Small sidenote:
If any of you have seen this, it encapsulates the feeling of what I'm aiming for fairly well. Humor, action, a fairly well-fleshed out historical setting and touch of the fantastical. It's a short read, but fairly well-written and has some nice artwork.
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:35 pm

An Update: Decorated about half the houses in the city and made minor changes elsewhere. Finished the Guildhall and a few other buildings here and there, wrote up some building descriptions and changed the pendants to some nifty new faction colors.

Elbenhawke Hall
A large, rambling structure overlooking the village of Tovar, Elbenhawke Hall originates from the early days of the Thallian Crusades. Over the years, the strong defensive walls which originally surrounded it have been picked apart for building materials elsewhere, and the manse has sprawled all over the hillside on which it was built.

The building is still empty though, but anyone willing to take this up can do so when I upload the next test version.

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-38-1_zpsfb8330bb
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-39-3_zps61598827

Market Square
The heart of the city, this is where the things are bought and sold, and where public executions and festivals occur. In the summer, the most popular occasion is the Feast Day of St. Simian's, the patron saint of the city. In the winter, the Frost Fair is held to mark the occasion of Jacobean Saturnalia.
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-40-2_zpsd550bc31
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin
MerryWiddow

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 pm

I think this is looking great. Love the theme.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/ http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio
jje1000

PostSubject: New Update Jan 7th!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm

New test version uploaded! Not much has changed from the exterior, but many interiors are finished!

:GrnPlmBob: Get it here: rapidshare.com Praaven.rar
:GrnPlmBob: Userpresets here: rapidshare.com userPresets.package
Make sure you have a pre-1.42 patched game, or lots cannot be placed!

flower Things to Do flower
- Blue Flower, Vayruga, Yellow Flask, King's Inns interiors- currently up for grabs
- Ruined Keep needs interior decoration- currently up for grabs
- Foothill house- Were worked on by silverwyd, who is still missing
- Praaven Castle- Main Keep needs to be decorated; an updated keep will be included in the next update- currently up for grabs
- St. Jacob of the Mask needs a crypt- currently up for grabs
- Bishop's Palace needs to be finished- handled by lowrisim
- The Bathhouse needs an interior - currently up for grabs
- 2 Rich District Houses need interiors!- currently up for grabs, rian90 is working on some of them(?)
- Several Quarterround District Houses need interiors!- currently up for grabs, rian90 is working on some of them(?)
- The Wall Towers need to be fixed- handled by me
- Continue fixing up .ini weather files!

flower Finished Lots flower
- Yara Inn- handled by me
- Sacre Bleu Hosptial- handled by me
- Merchant's Guild- handled by me
- Mahlsberg manor- handled by me
- The Fowl Royale II is complete- handled by me
- Dock Structure are complete- handled by me
- City Hall is complete- handled by me
- Monastery is complete- handled by lowrisim
- Tovar, Lughaven and Mahlsberg houses and chapels- handled by me
- St. Simian's is mostly complete- handled by me, needs a crypt!
- All already decorated houses are finished! This excludes the rough massing houses that have nothing placed in them.

⭐ Notes ⭐
- Please test routing!
- Glitchy ceiling tiles abound! I know about this, but a list of which lots are affected will be greatly helpful!
- Opinions on weather files? Whiter clouds? Redder evenings, larger moon, fewer cloudy days? I definitely want a glowy-ier horizon, may bump up bloom.
- Terrain- Any thoughts? I've been thinking of an additional few layers for more realistic forests (read: less grass), better shoreline, but many areas already have 9 layers.
- Mistakes- Mispainted areas? Tell me where they are!
- Any other concerns should be shared!

:GrnPlmBob: Pictures :GrnPlmBob:
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-53_zps5f87f590
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screenshot-56_zpsd400dc5d
More pictures:
Spoiler:

Selected Interiors:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Four houses made for the appropriate patch.   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Here's a link to two fishing huts and two farmer's houses (the same lots I circled originally).

Hopefully they work this time. haha. It took quite a while to do them on our older laptop so hopefully you can still make use of them. It was worth it to contribute to this amazing project.
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Added, thanks for your help! Smile
Back to top Go down
the.sleeper

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 pm

I see that you still need some deco work. Is there any area specifically that you'd like tackled first?

I finally got some time, and I would really love to help out with this project. Wish I could help build, but I have next to no experience with it, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 am

Hmm, the nearly finished mansion right beside St Jacobs would be a nice start. That, or the huts across from the docks, or the manor in Tovar.

Really appreciate your help, any help is needed so that we can push for the world to be finished Smile
Back to top Go down
the.sleeper

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 am

I'll go with the huts (sound like they'd be simpler to start), and see what you think Smile
Back to top Go down
the.sleeper

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Just want to make sure that I'm doing the right huts:
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Screen11

Also, is each building on a lot supposed to be an individual residence, or is each lot (with its multiple buildings) supposed to be for one family? Ie, the lot on the right has two buildings, is each building supposed to be for a separate family, or are they both for the same family?
Basically, did you have an idea for how lots with multiple buildings should be played, or should they just look right and leave it to the discretion of the player to decide how they want to play them?
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Those are indeed the right lots Smile

I'll leave it to your discretion how many families you want living on the lot. You could always furnish one of the buildings and leave the others empty. You can also demo these houses and do new ones. I think that I'll be adding a few more smallers lots to the island.

The only things these lots should be is:
- Keep them as starters
- Keep them looking cheap, simple & slummy. This area is really outside the city and would be considered the definite poor area of the city (the burnt out area doesn't count because its fate is up to the players)
- Multiple buildings to give off a packed feeling.
- Props should reflect this area's fishermen. Some smokehouses, drying racks, etc.

Some Ideas:
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Jorvik-houseThe Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 L
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 JorvikThe Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Sailorsshack

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next