For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jje1000

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Empty
PostSubject: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:46 pm

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Pano1-1

Welcome to the city of Praaven! This is a build-test world- I need you to help me find errors in the world, big and small, in order that I may remove them! Since people at MTS 3 aren't biting, I've come here since there seems to always be great community projects going on. I'll also need your help in contributing and furnishing buildings for the world! Mark down errors, problems and areas of improvement, and post them up in the thread.

:GrnPlmBob: Setting :GrnPlmBob:
The world is set during the mid-14th century in a small portion of the duchy of Thallia, namely near the city of Praaven. Other setting notes and lore are included in a document in the world download.

:GrnPlmBob: Notes :GrnPlmBob:
  • Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions and Pets
  • Generations and Late Night likely have no objects used, but I have them installed at the time of the world creation.
  • Large world, lots of objects = large file size! This is a hunk of a world- 124 MB!
  • Routing is largely experimental- no roads, lots over paths
  • Many areas have over 8 paint layers, but that's due mainly to redundancy (e.g. 2 rock layers). Painting will be simplified once sculpting and painting is done.
  • 16 layers, will eventually be consolidated down to around 13
  • 152 lots! Of these, ~28 are decorative- no Sims will route to them autonomously.
  • No houses are fully furnished at this time! You will need to place a bed and fridge in order for sims to move in.
  • No spawners placed yet.

:GrnPlmBob: To Do List :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: Download and Instructions :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: CC List :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: Images :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: World Overview :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

Last edited by jje1000 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jje1000

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Empty
PostSubject: Of Local Concern   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 pm

:GrnPlmBob: Praaven :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: Monastery (Monks) :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: Mahlsberg :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: Lüghaven + Foothills :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: Tovar :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: The Vale of Stenstzik :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob: Yara Headwaters :GrnPlmBob:
Spoiler:

:GrnPlmBob:
Quote :
Building for this World :GrnPlmBob:
The best way to build is to find/create a source which can be copied from (hence the reason for things like concept art). As such, a References file has been included if you want some easy-source inspiration. If you want to build for this word, make sure you have the necessary CC, and post a request in the thread for a sector or lot. Allocation is based on a first-come-first serve basis! After finishing your lot(s), upload it so that I can put it into the world! Allocation is based on blocks- you'll be building and decorating an entire district. You may also choose a single lot, though this will help far less. Builders shall be immortalized in this world for all to see!

Generally...
http://nationalpostlife.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/illustration-large.jpg
  • Chimney in the middle (for the best spread of heat)
  • Stairs are located beside chimney
  • Storage, kitchen (if there's no room) in basement
  • Store/foyer, kitchen + hall (if there's room) on 1st floor
  • Hall, Parlour + Offices, bedrooms on 2nd
  • Bedrooms on 3rd
  • A few already-built examples are in the world!
  • Ideal costs: Upper-class districts- Over $100,000; Middle-class- $30,000- $70,000; Lower-class- Under $20,000- $30,000
  • Remember to check if the mailbox and garbage cans work!
  • Remember to set the front of the lot to a major road (shift-click or shift+control-click on ground)
  • Also remember to set a front door!
  • Make sure you are on patch 1.36, since lots from 1.42 can't be placed in the world. 1.42 also borks CAW, so I can't update for the time being!

Ideally, things will work like this:
1. People build.
2. Upload to Mediafire, Rapidshare, or any other filesharing site.
3. I download it and place it in the word. This means that things can be done a lot faster!

Just make a note of which lots you want to furnish, so that others choosing lots won't end up doing the same thing.

Sticken-out areas indicate they are finished.

Last edited by jje1000 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Resources & Lore-ish Things   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 pm

I've put the lore up for people who haven't downloaded the world. The world is not explicitly located in one area, instead drawing from multiple Continental European sources of inspiration in order to create a slightly more fantastical world much like the France, China and Egypt in the Sims. The world also draws lightly from the Sims Medieval universe, mainly in the form of the religions (though clothing and hair is another more explicit choice!).

:GrnPlmBob: Setting :GrnPlmBob:

The world is set during the mid-14th century in a small portion of the duchy of Thallia, namely near the city of Praaven. This is a general set of journal-esque notes that help define the immediate world. More lore is to come once the city is finished and character creation begins! With the proper changes to lots, this world can easily be played from the 1100s up around to the early 19th century!

:GrnPlmBob: Geopolitics :GrnPlmBob:

Quote :
'The Kingdom'

The duchy is part of a larger unidentified kingdom, referred to as simply 'The Kingdom' or 'our Kingdom, which stretches from the Eastern Ranges to the great Vayruga River. These are exciting times- the harvests have failed yet again and the land is bestruck with plague. Meanwhile the nobles bicker over a successor to an empty throne and a hostile kingdom jealously eyes the border provinces of Thallia and Valduz.

Quote :
'The Other Kingdom'

'The Kingdom' is often at odds with an other kingdom, namely over the possession of Valduz and Thallia. It shall for now and forever be referred to as 'The Other Kingdom'. It is well governed and prosperous, but the people of our Kingdom are totally convinced that they are otherwise.

Quote :
Thallia

Near the eastern edges of the kingdom is the duchy of Thallia. Rocky and mountainous, farming is poor except in a few regions and transport treacherous except along the Vayruga River. It may most accurately be summed up as consisting of a city, some mountains and sheep. Of course, it's much more interesting than that- long-simmering tensions between the peasants and citizens of Praaven are slowly boiling over while the Holy Order begins its final campaign up the Vayruga to convert the remaining pagans to the Jacobean word.

Quote :
Valduz

Valduz is a duchy also located in the mountains. It was seized by The Kingdom from The Other Kingdom a few centuries ago, leaving lingering resentment. The duchy is not represented in the world, though we can see parts of it if we squint at at the far horizons.

:GrnPlmBob: Misc. Notes :GrnPlmBob:

Quote :
The Vayruga River

Meandering through the center of the kingdom, the Vayruga is a vital trade route and obstacle. A slow-moving river in its lower reaches, it rarely freezes over and during the spring rains, can reach a mile in width. As such, it is bridged only in a few areas, Koeingsarc and Haushassen being two examples off the top of my head. The upper reaches however, are another matter. Springing from the Eastern Ranges in 'The Other Kingdom', the river charges through the mountains, passing through great chasms and sets of steep hills before emptying itself into Lake Tyngus. There, it joins the Yara and becomes the Lower Vayruga. The waters in the Upper Vayruga are swift and rock-laden, most river-sailing ships disembark in Praaven as an alternative to the churning waters.

Quote :
The Yara River

A small river that joins the Vayruga River at Lake Tyngus. The city of Praaven is situated at its mouth. The Yara is not a deep or long river (it goes nowhere), but there is a ferry that exists between Praaven and Lüghaven. Haven ridden it twice, I'm entirely sure that it may be considered a bumpier ride than a night at the Yara Inn. Upstream from Lughaven, the river breaks out into a rocky mess, which unfortunately makes trips to Yara Falls nigh impossible.

Quote :
The Thallian Valelands

Thallia may be mostly mountains and lakes, but a set of vales provide ample room for some agricultural pursuits. Praaven is situated in one of the larger ones, the Vale of Stenstzik.

Quote :
Lake Tyngus

Lake Tyngus traditionally separates the Upper Vayruga from the Lower. Named after some ancient general, it is beautiful and dotted with many islands. The fish are delicious, though unfilling- you may be better off buying a meal in the city instead. On a clear night, the lights of the Free City of Roirac can be seen glimmering in the waters of the lake.

Quote :
Mount Doara

On a fine day in the city, you can easily spot the white-topped peak of Mount Doara peaking from behind the tops of the city walls. The most prominent mountain in the region, Mount Doara (or just 'Doara') is a formidable sight, yet to be climbed- though I am unsure whether it may be from the treacherous slopes, or from the treacherous pathways up the foothills surrounding the mountain.

Quote :
Koeingsarc

Sprawling over the junctions of the Vayruga and Myretur Rivers, Koeingsarc is the bustling capital of the kingdom, a junction where multiple trade routes converge. The city contains many fine banks, colleges, markets, shops, inns, forges and certainly the kingdom's finest brothels (the Plentiful Mare being my favorite), all hustled around the two great stone bridges that cross the Vayruga and Myetur. The manses are numerous and palatial, the walls thick and strong and the sky crowded with the spires of many churches; each attempting to call out louder to the Watcher. Towering over all of them is the great cathedral, its third iteration still under construction and of course, the Cardinal Matthieu's luxurious palace. The Royal Castle I hear, is thrice as large as the Duke's Castle here in Praaven!

Note: Of course, being three times as large, there are many more nobles in Koeingsarc, each with their multitudes of claims and grievances. Thus the great game of intrigue is played truly played, instead of the piddling bickering we have here in Praaven between the few families of distinction. With the king dead, the heirs missing and the nobles jostling for the still-warm throne, things may be rather messy in the time to come. Regardless, Koeingsarc is not part of our travels, and so we will not dwell upon it any further.

Quote :
The Black Gate

At the head of Lake Tyngus is the Black Gate, a series of cataracts and rapids treacherous towards anything less durable than stone. I might add that I have heard others refer to the entire area surrounding Lake Tyngus as the Black Gate, given the relatively wild terrain makes it difficult to disembark at ease. Most ships stop in Praaven, which is the only point within the lake suitable for river-going ships.

Quote :
Way of St. James

A pilgrimage route stretching throughout the continent, ending at the Shrine of St. Jacob of the Mask in the city of Sanjacobo de Compostonam in the Kingdom of Castille. I have yet to take upon the daunting journey myself considering the distance Thallia is from Sanjacobo compared to other parts of the Kingdom, and even other territories like France or England!

Other :GrnPlmBob:
Some references I've used:

4shared.com/rar/LBpGTxnC/World_References.html?
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin
MerryWiddow

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I have to say that Praaven looks beautiful. I'm afraid I can't help you right now. I am currently running a clean game. I don't even have all of my store content installed. I'm working on my own world right now and won't be finished and returning to a full game for a while yet. Even then I don't use 3rd party CC in my game. I do hope others will help you though. I'd love to see this complete.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/ http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 pm

@MerryWiddow wrote:
I have to say that Praaven looks beautiful. I'm afraid I can't help you right now. I am currently running a clean game. I don't even have all of my store content installed. I'm working on my own world right now and won't be finished and returning to a full game for a while yet. Even then I don't use 3rd party CC in my game. I do hope others will help you though. I'd love to see this complete.

Thanks Smile

This'll be my first and last world. I've already wasted so much time working and reworking this for over a year and a half, and a tightening schedule means that I probably won't have much time to create worlds for much longer- I'm really hoping to get this one world all done and wrapped up by Christmas.
Back to top Go down
auntielynds
Admin
auntielynds

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 am

jje1000! Surprised

Is this it!?!...........The world I've been waiting for, for 2 1/2 years? I remember finding your wip at MTS while I was still working on Castle Keep Laughing I'd love to help build and test. I'll download tonight and take a look around. What patch level did you export on? I"m at 1.39 still on my main pc, but I've patched up on my laptop.

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Th_cow10
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Dv-hea10
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio
auntielynds
Admin
auntielynds

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 am

It installed on my main pc, so I'm good to go. thumbs up

I'll just say one word Beautiful!

Now, down to business. A quick look around, I zoned in on Lüghaven + Foothills area.

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Screen82

House 1,3, & 5, Shower entry turned to wall, no lighting in shower room.

House 2, and the Inn both utilize the same doorway arch. Sims would not route through them. In order for sims to walk through them, I went into build mode, and just grabbed them, then dropped them back down. I'm sure you know this happens regularly on the spiral stairs. Possible solutions; you could try to do this simple reset on them right before export, your last time in EIG before export. Or, if they have been used liberally all over the world, you might consider exchanging them for a similar arch. Or, I may be the only one this is happening with, in that case you can disregard.

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Screen83 The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Screen85

Just read through your MTS thread and saw MichelleBrujah finished the Kings inn in this section. Can I assume she's working on the whole section? I'll take a look at the rest of the world and choose a section. Are there any other sections already taken? And, for the life of me, I can't see the EP's & SP's allowed. Sorry for all the questions, scratch

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Th_cow10
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Dv-hea10
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio
clayworld
clayworld

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm

It looks amazing. I won't have time to build this time though, too busy with studies. I look forward to checking it out. There can't be too many medieval worlds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Clayworld/mystudio

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 am

WOW - this looks like a fantastic project

I really hope you will finish it - and that you might get the help you need
Unfortunately I can’t help you right now - I have so many projects of my own and I am also running a clean game at the moment
If you however can use any of these lots - you are welcome to them:

http://webfora.dk/simsnet/showthread.php?t=849

http://webfora.dk/simsnet/showthread.php?t=392
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:45 am

@auntielynds wrote:

Now, down to business. A quick look around, I zoned in on Lüghaven + Foothills area.

House 1,3, & 5, Shower entry turned to wall, no lighting in shower room.

House 2, and the Inn both utilize the same doorway arch. Sims would not route through them. In order for sims to walk through them, I went into build mode, and just grabbed them, then dropped them back down. I'm sure you know this happens regularly on the spiral stairs. Possible solutions; you could try to do this simple reset on them right before export, your last time in EIG before export. Or, if they have been used liberally all over the world, you might consider exchanging them for a similar arch. Or, I may be the only one this is happening with, in that case you can disregard.

Just read through your MTS thread and saw MichelleBrujah finished the Kings inn in this section. Can I assume she's working on the whole section? I'll take a look at the rest of the world and choose a section. Are there any other sections already taken? And, for the life of me, I can't see the EP's & SP's allowed. Sorry for all the questions, scratch

Thanks, I'll take another look at Lughaven!

As for building, as of now no sectors have been taken (and MichelleBrujah hasn't replied back yet), so it's all free for your taking! Help definitely would be appreciated!

I think I'm going to try and polish off the Mahlsberg, Yara Headwaters and Lugahaven areas off as soon as I can, as houses there are relatively simple. However, I'm definitely also looking at folklore and mythology as well, so there will be a few odder houses out there (e.g. Baba Yaga)!
Back to top Go down
daisylee
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm

I just had a chance to look at the pics. This will be very, very fun to watch. applause
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 pm

I'm thinking of maybe doing the docks district, if nobody is doing that? I decorated the residential already because I liked that area for my simmies. :D But I was wondering if for the community lots there, if there was something specific you had in mind for any of them, or can I just make things up as I go for them? Assuming I can help with the docks XD
Back to top Go down
rian90

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 am

I will work on the interiors of some of the city houses/buildings. I will post a picture when done so they can be crossed off the list.

Could you clarify CC? I posted this on the MTS forum too so you may answer there before you see this. Smile Merry Makers stuff is okay but what about other objects and patterns from MTS? I am assuming that all store items or items after Pets cannot be used. There is a lot of Sims Medieval conversions out there as well but I assuming those cannot be used either.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:28 pm

RibbleRipple wrote:
I'm thinking of maybe doing the docks district, if nobody is doing that? I decorated the residential already because I liked that area for my simmies. :D But I was wondering if for the community lots there, if there was something specific you had in mind for any of them, or can I just make things up as I go for them? Assuming I can help with the docks XD

Help is very much appreciated!

In this case, I think I'll be working on the city side of the docks a bit, so hold off on that in the meantime. Buildings on the island are free to be decorated, since the basics of that area are already down.

As for CC, a repost:

Quote :
General notes for CC- keep it from MTS3 since in the case of sites eventually going down, CC from those sites will go missing and it'll be a hassle tracking pieces down. If MTS3 goes down, everything including this world will be gone anyways so it's not so much of a problem.

The ideal would be CC for things that are absolutely needed (medieval-looking sinks, toilets, kitchens) and improvisation for everything else. Ideal CC would be content that has multiple uses throughout the world (eg. the Gothic Arch from the Cathedral Set can easily fit in both rich and poor areas AND it can be a substitute for walls. Lesser furniture like medieval chairs can be approximated using EA furniture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm

So I finished that Island area of the Docks and decided to share 'em. Though I had no idea what to do for that community lot, so I made something that I thought would work. Hopefully. For that lot. I have no idea how to show pictures yet, so... I included an aerial view of each lot (or high angle) with the walls down in the zip file.
I didn't change the shells and I built 1 residential lot, and 1 community lot. All decorated and such. So yea, here is the download link

mediafire.com ?rwe8cxr2qsy21n4
Back to top Go down
clayworld
clayworld

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:42 pm

I forgot to mention, anything in my studio can be used if you want: http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Clayworld&assetType=lot I do have some miedeivalish lots.

I peeked at your world. It looks wonderful.

ETA: The world file and lots all have one attached item from ATS, a stool. I opened them in Custard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Clayworld/mystudio

PostSubject: Cruck style houses?   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:43 pm

I haven't jumped into your world yet (I live in a place where internet is still very slow, so it will be about a half hour to download the world and CC) but I have a question about Yara Headwaters and the Vale of Stenstzik.

In the Vale, would you like cruck style farm houses?

In the Headwaters, you said you would like huts. Do you mean just simple one room thatched roof deals or simple homes without full farms (just kitchen gardens and a small fenced in area for animals).

P.S. Can someone tell me some lot sizes for these areas so I can start building while I'm waiting for the world to download. Smile Done downloading finally.
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:20 pm

RibbleRipple wrote:
So I finished that Island area of the Docks and decided to share 'em. Though I had no idea what to do for that community lot, so I made something that I thought would work. Hopefully. For that lot. I have no idea how to show pictures yet, so... I included an aerial view of each lot (or high angle) with the walls down in the zip file.
I didn't change the shells and I built 1 residential lot, and 1 community lot. All decorated and such. So yea, here is the download link

mediafire.com ?rwe8cxr2qsy21n4

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately, I've run into some problems placing the lots- the lot appears in the library, but when I place it, nothing appears at all! I only really need the two lots that are currently empty shells. Also, the lots would benefit from being more run-down/rustic and having a more open plan. A material/colour palate like this picture (from Windlebridge) would also work:

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Sailorsshack

silverwyd wrote:
I haven't jumped into your world yet (I live in a place where internet is still very slow, so it will be about a half hour to download the world and CC) but I have a question about Yara Headwaters and the Vale of Stenstzik.

In the Vale, would you like cruck style farm houses?

In the Headwaters, you said you would like huts. Do you mean just simple one room thatched roof deals or simple homes without full farms (just kitchen gardens and a small fenced in area for animals).

P.S. Can someone tell me some lot sizes for these areas so I can start building while I'm waiting for the world to download. Smile Done downloading finally.

For the Vale, yes please! There are already a couple of similar houses in Tovar and Mahlsberg, so you can take from those what you wish.

In the Headwaters, low-lying stone or log huts with optionally large overhangs would be much better due to the more mountainous climate. If you can make them semi-buried, it'll be even better! A small garden on the side would be best for now since we can't harvest from animals yet (maybe a steak or patty plants would make up for this in the meantime).

Some inspiration:
http://media.lonelyplanet.com/lpi/26198/26198-15/681x454.jpg
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/41/87648974_08b95567f8.jpg

Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:02 am

A quick update:

Port area is finished, the Yara Inn moved and the St. Jacob of the Mask spire fixed.
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Docks1
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Docks2

Nov. 22 Overview of the city. Coming along nicely, need the two empty lots near the castle finished and the empty shells filled out.
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! OverviewNov22

Of note- if you're building, please leave crossed-out lots empty- they're intended for players to build their own houses. In the case of the bandit keep, I need to finish that myself.
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Mahlsberg
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Hills

A quick view of the city with Simsample's Jericho weather settings (as an example)
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! FromtheHills

A great little example of a lot for interior decorating:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=399096
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Farm houses for Vale and fisherman's huts for headwaters   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:30 pm

I've done two small farming houses for the Vale. I'm hoping I am building in the right area as I didn't find any lots labelled as such (just went assumed via description). These are not really rocky lots so they should fit okay if moved to another lot with a few clicks of the soften terrain button. I've also included two fishing huts for the headwaters (small stone huts, built into the land with large overhangs for warmth).

mediafire.com ?lajiw325z34br

I'm afraid they aren't contained in one zip because my internet connection is too poor to upload one large file. I did include a picture of what they look like so you can abandon them if they don't suit your needs. I playtested them for about two sim days each. During that time, I didn't experience any lag with my settings all on medium.
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 pm

All your lots look great! Quick question- do horses need stables to sleep?

Quick update:

Finished shell of Ruined Keep, it needs furnishing on the insides.

A low-lying and stout building harking back to the early days of the Thallian Crusades, Lughaven Keep predates Praaven Castle but has fallen into partial ruin. Nowadays, it serves as the main base for the bandits and people of lesser law in the world.

- One consignment counter. Was considering a nectar counter as well, but it would render the Inn in Lughaven useless.
- One criminal rabbithole rug.
- 2 Residential lots.
- 1 empty lot.

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Screenshot-30
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Screenshot-31
The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Screenshot-32-1

Addition notes when building:
- Remember to check if the mailbox and garbage cans work!
- Remember to set the front of the lot to a major road (shift-click or shift+control-click on ground)
- Also remember to set a front door!
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 pm

silverwyd wrote:
I've done two small farming houses for the Vale. I'm hoping I am building in the right area as I didn't find any lots labelled as such (just went assumed via description). These are not really rocky lots so they should fit okay if moved to another lot with a few clicks of the soften terrain button. I've also included two fishing huts for the headwaters (small stone huts, built into the land with large overhangs for warmth).

mediafire.com ?lajiw325z34br

I'm afraid they aren't contained in one zip because my internet connection is too poor to upload one large file. I did include a picture of what they look like so you can abandon them if they don't suit your needs. I playtested them for about two sim days each. During that time, I didn't experience any lag with my settings all on medium.

Ugh, I've run into some problems while placing your lots- they simply don't appear when I place them! What patch level are you on (I'm currently on 1.36)? And do you have any other expansion packs?

Maybe you could grab the files from the Library?

Edit: Sounds like the same issue here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/608355.page
Unfortunately I can't update the game (since it'll break CAW). Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:38 pm

1) Horses don't need stalls to sleep and if you have the hitching post, it's unlimited food/water.
2) I have the latest patch (1.42) and all EPs although I only used objects from EPs you specified and the CC included in the package. I suspect it is the patch issue. I'm not sure how to resolve this as my other laptop is also patched already. I'm open to any ideas and I will try to look around and see if anyone else has resolved this issue already. eek
Back to top Go down
jje1000

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Two solutions

1.) Revert down to a pre-1.42 patch level on one of your computers, which I really don't want to subject you to, since it'll probably mean that you'll also need to rebuild.

2.) Find some arcane workaround- is there a way that a lot can be rexported/rejiggled in a pre-1.42 game? Maybe SimPE? The raw file from the Library?

Sorry 'about this- didn't know that it would be as big an issue as it currently is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

I haven't been able to find anything about reverting to a pre-1.42 patch level or workarounds. Do you know how to find specific raw files in the library? (I know where it's located, I just have no idea how to find a specific file since they have long file names.)

I'm happy to help or contribute in another way if you can think of something that the patch wouldn't impair or if someone can think of a patch work around, let me know and I'll do that on my other laptop. Smile I'm looking for a S3PE work around right now. If I uninstall on my old laptop and then reinstall only the base, WA, AMB, and Pets, and then manually patch to 1.36 would that work? Hmmm. I will try tomorrow after work. Smile In the meantime, if someone else wants the layouts of those houses (not complicated at all) here they are: mediafire.com ?axqlpz7d6hvegnu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!   The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Medieval City of Praaven [Test Version November 12th]- Let's get Building!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next