For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
auntielynds
Admin

PostSubject: Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Changing out the WPID File

The WPID file is what the game, and the Exchange use to identify the world, kind of like a product number. Change the file, and the game views it as a different world.

First off, you will need s3pe;
http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=189.0

Second, Back up any files you will be working with, just in case. Laughing

Open up S3pe, click on "File" on the bar at the top, click on "Open", and find your .world file.

It should be in;
Documents,
Electronic Arts,
Sims 3 Create a World
UserToolData
Worlds

It should look like this, I'm opening up my WhovilleBeta;
Make sure you click the "All Files" option, or your .world file won't show up.

Once you open it up, this is what it will look like;

make sure on the lower menu in the center there, you check the "display" "names" and "tags".

Click on the "Tag" bar at the top a couple times and you should see the "WPID" File

Now just click on the WPID, right click, "Deleted". Then click on "file" on the top bar again, and "Save".

A brand new WPID file will be generated, thus the game, and the Exchange will recognize it as a different world.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Last edited by auntielynds on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.   Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for posting this. That was going to be my next question. thumbs up

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
Meadow9259

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.   Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Just a quick question, as I'm likely going to be trying this soon. Do I have to also give a different name to a world to reupload it, in addition to changing the WPID? I'm thinking I do, but wanted to be sure.

The core lots for Skytasia have been taking me forever, further hindered by the later version of my game (v1.26, Pets) suddenly and mysteriously deciding it wanted to crash on me nonstop whenever I've tried to work on Skytasia's lots in that version. I've tried everything I can think of to make the crashing stop, including resorting to running some tests on my system hardware, to no avail. It's definitely not the cache files flooding or corrupting this time, like it was the other two or three times Skytasia took to crashing. Several months ago, I had released an empty version of the world to a few friends, along with a saved game file for my current lots progress. At this point, I've started leaning very strongly towards changing the WPID and releasing this version of the world to the public, and then releasing what was intended to be the official version, which would include the core lots, when and if I ever get it completed, under the original WPID.
Back to top Go down
auntielynds
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.   Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Answer to first question;
You just need to change the wpid file, you do not have to rename.

Crashing;
Do you have LAA hooked up?
Have you patched, and are using the latest, buggy, Caw?

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio
Meadow9259

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:00 am

Thank you. Smile I was remembering that I had read somewhere where people were saying you did have to rename. That would have made for a mess in the world list in game, though. I like things neat and orderly.

I'm using two versions of CaW currently, both old ones. My laptop is running base game v1.11 and the original version of CaW with the patch they released, the version of CaW that was out before they broke it with Ambitions. The desktop is currently running Pets v1.26 and the corresponding version of CaW for that. I've been trying to build the later lots for Skytasia in the actual game and not EiG. I think I started in EiG but then moved on to building in the actual game once I had my first export version of the world ready. All of these crashing issues started earlier this year, March - May or so, and I've been at a complete loss as to how to make them stop - they made me so extremely frustrated, after spending 8 hours a day for two weeks trying to figure them out, that I pretty much gave up on building anything more for Skytasia that required the later game version. They seem to only happen in Skytasia. (My third world, Hope Springs, is crashing as well now, but differently, and is definitely out of memory related, which does not seem to be the case with Skytasia.) Skytasia has been running smoothly and well on the laptop, and it started that way on the desktop, but then suddenly started on all this mysterious crashing, which persists even past starting completely clean new data folders. My friends who I gave the files to all say they have no crashing issues whatsoever, either. My master world file from CaW has not been changed in at least two years, it's the same throughout. As for LAA, I believe I read somewhere that the game has that automatically enabled past v1.19 or so?
Back to top Go down
Volvenom

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.   Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:43 am

Just wanted to point out. When people say rename they probably think about the fact that you have to bring it up in CAW again and save on top of the previous save. That is to make caw generate a new ID file only. No need to rename it. I just saved on top of the previous save.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Volvenom http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.   

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: Changing the WPID File to Give Your World a Different I.D.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1