For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

FYI - Lag in game since Pet's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Debbi

FYI - Lag in game since Pet's Empty
PostSubject: FYI - Lag in game since Pet's   FYI - Lag in game since Pet's EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Posted by Debbi2qlts.

I found some interesting info on why we may have lag issues since Pets. I was reading about Johnnywr's world "Great Bear" when I came across his response about the world lagging.

Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/465/423977.page
Quote from Johnnywr -
"Lizziguin, the lag could be a stuck horse somewhere in town. I started using Overwatch after I finished Great Bear and it made no difference if just one of those wild horses spawned in a rather very unfortunate place in town. I experienced a terrible lag which seemed to come from nowhere when I first started playing Great Bear, and it caused me some confusion as to why it was happening. I paused the game when the lag struck badly and searched around town and eventually found that a wild horse had spawned at the hospital behind a tree and a wall. I deleted the horse and the lag disappeared.

I use twallan`s Story progression nowadays and I think there is an option to limit the amount of wild horses in your world. I limited it down to two and the lag mostly stopped. I actually play with a no pets option for sim families as I find sim pets are more trouble than they are worth (but that`s just my personal opinion). "

Quote #2:
"My mistake, lizziguin, it is actually Twallans Register mod which allows you to limit the number of wild horses in your world. I use Twallan`s Story Progression, Overwatch and Register mods. I eventually had to install the Register mod as I couldn`t stand the paparazzi and of course, rampant wild horses. I also like the Register mod as it allows townies to man any food registers in town (and the consignment store, if you like), so that my own sims aren`t stuck behind a counter 24/7).
If you do decide to install Twallans Register mod, you might want to set the number of horses to two (thanks to Simsample for that tip). "

If you are interested in using Twallans Mods like the "Register" here is a link to "NRaas Industries Wiki"

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Please read all the information before using any of these.

Back to top Go down
LoCatus
LoCatus

PostSubject: Re: FYI - Lag in game since Pet's   FYI - Lag in game since Pet's EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Very nice info.

Been having an issue in Starlight Shores where some of the poor Wind Horses were actually being spawned in one of the ponds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FYI - Lag in game since Pet's   FYI - Lag in game since Pet's EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:43 pm

@LoCatus wrote:
Very nice info.

Been having an issue in Starlight Shores where some of the poor Wind Horses were actually being spawned in one of the ponds.

I thought it was too. I hope it helps with the horses. Wink
Back to top Go down
daisylee
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Re: FYI - Lag in game since Pet's   FYI - Lag in game since Pet's EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:35 am

That is good information! Thank you!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FYI - Lag in game since Pet's   FYI - Lag in game since Pet's Empty

Back to top Go down

FYI - Lag in game since Pet's
Page 1 of 1