HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Am I alone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Mon May 07, 2012 2:45 pm

To me it is really worth it to stick with one family. I have extensive documentation on them in excel including a family tree and notes and lots and lots of records of what they have done. I also use a pics sheet of the family members as an easy way to remember them and look at genetics. I am very attached to the family as have played so long and know their history.

For me it is worth it to play a family for generations and generations and ...

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743
Gilmore

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Wed May 09, 2012 3:09 pm

To date I've only finished two home lots (fully decorated). I like working on small lots because I get bored easily and will want to move on to the next "project" asap. I've had the game since the day it was first released too, haha. As for the Legacy challenge I can never get past the 3rd generation.

And now that I uninstalled everything on my C drive and reinstalled everything on D drive to free up space, the game won't even boot up. I guess partitioning my drive was a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 pm

I have read other posts where folks have tried that and as far as I have heard it never works and has to be on the C drive.
Back to top Go down
LoCatus

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Wed May 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Untrue. ALL my games reside on my D: drive.

LoL... Main HDD is a 1tb model. knocked off in three partitions. C: D: E:
Only part of EA on C: is Origin.

Documents, pics, vids, music games are all stored on D:

Software files downloads and movie stuff I'm working with all get stored on E:
Origin is set to use E:\Downloads for installer storage and to install the games to D:\Games.

I'm set up this way so if anything bad happens with my windows install. (Say nasty or virus infects C:) I don't have to worry about backing up my important files. Just format C: and reload Windows. (And the few other pieces of software)

** Gilmore. Did you run a registry cleaning utility after uninstalling the game? CCleaner has an excellent registry tool and it's free. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilmore

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Wed May 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Yeah, I had already transferred a few games over to my D drive before attempting The Sims 3. And yes LoCatus I managed to get the game working after using CCleaner, thanks! PlayBall

I see you have Steam there too. I need to move my Steam games over eventually as well because they eat so much valuable space. pale
Back to top Go down
Dini60

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Wed May 09, 2012 10:45 pm

The only sims game that I have not been able to put onto the D Drive is the digital copy I have of Pets, all the others are on D.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

I'll have a café, mocha, vodka, valium latte to go please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Dini60/mystudio
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Thu May 10, 2012 1:17 am

Ah, maybe that makes a difference? I have never even looked into this and have only read some posts elsewhere, so maybe that is the difference if they will work or not ..... and/or the other person who was answering the posts did not know enough about this.

Smile

Edit: this is probably a "me bad", sorry, as taking too many meds now for my bad back. I may have had this "it has to be on the C drive" mentality on my brain when I posted. Sad

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/index.php?/topic/261813-cant-install-sims-3-and-eps-to-external-hard-drive/page__p__2257799__hl__drive__fromsearch__1#entry2257799

Hooray that LoCat is here and on the ball! thumbs up

Last edited by daisylee on Thu May 10, 2012 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LoCatus

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   Thu May 10, 2012 1:29 am

@Gilmore wrote:
Yeah, I had already transferred a few games over to my D drive before attempting The Sims 3. And yes LoCatus I managed to get the game working after using CCleaner, thanks! PlayBall

I see you have Steam there too. I need to move my Steam games over eventually as well because they eat so much valuable space. pale

Steam is pretty easy. Doesn't take much more than a cut/paste operation. However the move can take a while if you have a lot of games with them. You might have to reinstall the steam client. Just install it to where you copied the Steam folder to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I alone?   

Back to top Go down

Am I alone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sims Creators' Consortium :: Sims 3 :: Sims 3 Game Play :: Sims 3 Game Play-
Jump to: