HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Paint Programs - Paint.net - Gimp - Raw Therapee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
auntielynds
Admin
auntielynds

Paint Programs - Paint.net - Gimp - Raw Therapee Empty
PostSubject: Paint Programs - Paint.net - Gimp - Raw Therapee   Paint Programs - Paint.net - Gimp - Raw Therapee EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 am

Paint.net, Gimp & Raw Therapee

These are the three programs I use the most. They are all free and very useful. I use Paint.net for my 24bit .png images, and I use Gimp for altering and creating .dds files for terrain textures.

Gimp
GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.

Obtaining DDS Plug-ins and installation
Here is a mini DDS Plug-in download and installation tutorial by JWoods.

Paint.net
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.

Paint.net wikibook - Tutorials

RawTherapee.com
This is a free program that will convert images to a 16bit .png required for height maps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio

Paint Programs - Paint.net - Gimp - Raw Therapee
Page 1 of 1