HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam

Go down 
AuthorMessage
auntielynds
Admin
auntielynds

Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam    Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:48 am

Piddlesam wrote:
So after a few months of trying and reading and trying and failing and reading and trying, ive finally found an easy way to clone and recolour rabbitholes which i would like to share with you all. Any Questions PM anytime Smile and i can try and explain where i can!!!

So here we go, you best grab a :~O):

Before we start you will need the following programs downloaded

S3PE
S3OC
and then Paint.net or paint or Gimp with the DDS plugin added.

First you need to open up S3OC
You should see this open
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  S3oc10
you need to click at the top cloning, and then normal objects.
A list will then start to load up and will take a few minutes. Once the list has opened up and loaded you will see something like thisTutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  S3oc_l10

**A bit of advice here, it maybe worth making a folder on your desktop saying clones, and also temp files, this will help a little later on**

for now we will choose to recolour the grocery store, scroll down the list until you find grouceryEP3
you then need to click the button on the right saying clone or fix. once you have done that, you end up with this
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  S3oc_c10
So now you can enter what you want in the catalog name on the right, and enter what you want in the description so im going to write Sams Shop, and say its mine all mine Razz
so this is roughly what you should have here
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  S3oc_i10
where i have wrote 1, if your brave enough you can put a new photo in there, but im leaving that out.
Once you are ready press start and you will be asked to save the file somewhere. This is where i reccomended using a folder which is easy to find. So for example im using a folder called Cloned Items. You can put this anywhere you wish. Once you have pressed save after choosing a location, it will clone the item which will take a few seconds. You will get a small box appear, just press ok, and then shut down the program.

So now you need to open S3PE. Once this is open you need to go to file, and open, and find the package that you have just saved. **this is why i recommend a folder easy to find** once you have found it, you need to open it up. You should have something like this.
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  S3pe_f10
So now you need to find the IMG files so you can edit them. So to do this easier go to the bottom of the page and click tags, then by press CTRL click all the files that said IMG like so:
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  Tags1_10

once you have selected all of the IMG files, you need to go up the top and press resources export then to file. Once you have this you need to save these files somewhere. **This is why i reccomend having a folder called temp** Once you have saved them, you can close down S3PE.

Razz so now thats the fiddly bits done. Now you need to open up either Paint, Gimp or Paint.net. I will be using Paint.net, which is free to download. Wink

So open up paint.net and go to file and open. You then need to find you temp folder or the location you saved your export from S3PE. press CTRL and A to select all the files and open. You should see something like this.
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  Paint_10
So now you are free to play about with the colours and whatever you would like to do, i found the best bet was to lighten and darken the colours, and so on. Some files you will be unable to recolour, all you will need to do is close these straight down.

So im going to go blue. All you will need to do is fiddle about for a bit and you will come to something you will like.
Once you have fiddled with the files, remember to save them. You will not need to do anything expect save and close down paint.net

Once you have closed everything down, you need to go back and open S3PE and open up your package. Now you need to go back to the top and to resources but instead of pressing export, you need to press import from file. You now need to press and select all of the files you just edited **if you placed them in a temp folder, CRTL and A to select all and open. You should then have this appear.
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  Import10
Dont press or change anything and just press import.
Once you have done that, to know if you have done this right, you should be able to scroll up and see something like this
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  Import11
once you have got that, go to file and save Razz then close down S3PE

and there you go, you have now recoloured your first rabbithole. There are 2 ways to get it into your game. This first one is to have the Mod folder under your sims 3 documents. You can get this from Mod the Sims You then place the package file into the package folder. The other way is to enter this into you world :8-}: but ive not worked this out properly so far.

So now you can load up your game and go to edit lot (community) and you should find your edited rabbithole. Here is what i ended up with
Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  Tutori10

i hope this tutorial will help you, and is easy to follow. Please PM or reply if you have any problems. Smile and id love to see the end results of anyones creation :-bd:

Thanks for reading and happy simmings Smile and an early merry christmas x

Last edited by auntielynds on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio
Dini60
Dini60

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam    Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 pm

I read through this tutorial and thought "Wow this looks easy enough for me to do", so, I gave it a try.

Epic Fail

I couldn't even get s3oc to open the normal files.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

I'll have a café, mocha, vodka, valium latte to go please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Dini60/mystudio
Dini60
Dini60

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam    Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:12 am

Got the pathways straightened out with the help of Inge. Off to recolour.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

I'll have a café, mocha, vodka, valium latte to go please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Dini60/mystudio
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam    Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: Recolouring Rabbitholes by Piddlesam
Page 1 of 1