For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Winter Trees, Shrubs, and Pastel Roofs- Altered Image Files

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
auntielynds
Admin

PostSubject: Winter Trees, Shrubs, and Pastel Roofs- Altered Image Files   Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 am

Winter Trees and Shrubs Download
mediafire.com ?datc0fqy7we87wt

I've had a few requests for these, so I'll give a brief explanation on how to use these files.

You will need S3pe which is a free download, to add these files to your world. Get it here;
Simlogical and the Dead End Nights

Okay, now you've downloaded s3pe, and the winter trees and shrubs.7zip, and unzipped them. Put them where you can find them.

Open up S3pe, click on "File" on the bar at the top, click on "Open", and find your .world file you wish to add these files to.

They should be in;
Documents,
Electronic Arts,
Sims 3 Create a World
UserToolData
Worlds

It should look like this, I'm opening up my WhovilleBeta;
Make sure you click the "All Files" option, or your .world file won't show up.

Once you open it up, this is what it will look like;

Now, just click on the "Resource" tab on the top bar, Click on "import", and "from file". Find your Winter trees folder, and click on it;

Now just hit the Ctrl + A keys to select all of the files in the folder, and click "Open". This is what you'll get. Just click "import", and then click on "file" on the top bar again, and "Save".

Now, go open up Caw, and your world, and check out your new trees!

This actually changes the image for that tree or shrub, so you won't be able to change them back without extracting the same files and doing this process again to replace the white trees.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio
auntielynds
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Winter Trees, Shrubs, and Pastel Roofs- Altered Image Files   Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:23 am

Winter in Sunset Valley Exerts from a thread at the old forum

Ha! That's funny. I did the SV files to do a "Winter in Sunset Valley". I haven't worked on it much lately though. I did recolor the distant terrain so it would look snowy, and I uploaded that file with the Caw files in case you wanted to use it. You can drop it in the world file using the same instructions I have written out for the winter trees, in the resources section of the Caw library.

I uploaded two separate caw files, one is the complete SV with no revisions, the second has all the sims gone, and the lots demolished. The only thing is I had already started messing around with the terrain paint when I saved it.

mediafire.com ?ymkmiaimyia70r5

This is what the DT looks like. You can see in the second pic it doesn't quite blend into the water to well;

Sure I can upload the one in the pics, but I already messed with the roads in that one. I just couldn't help myself. Laughing

The terrain probably turned brown because you don't have the textures. I can never figure out what exactly causes it. sometimes it will happen, and sometimes it won't. Weird.

I'll zip and upload right now..............................

Here's my snow textures thread;
http://builders.forumotion.net/t1493-snow-ice-textures

Here's the world files;
mediafire.com ?c2gqwmda2ckb6tt

Here you go;

Winter Tarmac Road
:D

Winter Distant Terrain
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio

Winter Trees, Shrubs, and Pastel Roofs- Altered Image Files
View previous topic View next topic Back to top