For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDallas

PostSubject: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Just started the Broadway Legacy Challenge, and you can find all the rules and FAQs here.

I haven't played far into the game yet, so not much has been accomplished. I did take inspiration from @lionpaws and had my Sim start out with only a campers' tent and a trash bin.

The theme for this legacy will be naming all heirs after African American jazz and blues artists/producers/singers/dancers.

Our founder and orchestrator is Adelaide Hall (who in real life was a jazz singer and produced work for over 70 years (!!) so I thought she'd be a great start to the legacy).

I had her start off in a lot in Oasis Springs. I figured the weather would be more forgiving there when she'll be working for tips in the fall and winter.

We'll see what the music life has in store for her!
Heart Heart Heart
Back to top Go down
lionpaws

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Heart Adeleide is so pretty!
Is your Sim a look alike?

I love the idea to have them all named after a blues and jazz theme. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/lionpaws/mystudio
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Hello @TheDallas I am happy you are sharing this here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
TheDallas

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:26 pm

@lionpaws I tried to get the Sim to resemble the real Adelaide Hall, but I'm terrible at CAS facial details, so I stopped before I went to crazy with it. Smile

@EuphorialQueen Thanks! I like sharing my progress through challenges. It inspires me to keep going!

soccer
Back to top Go down
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Another good legacy challenge story. Adelaide is lovely!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
TheDallas

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:19 pm

@Gramcrackers Thank you so much! I think she's a beauty too! :-)
Back to top Go down
TheDallas

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Adelaide found love walking by one day while she was practicing her chords on the violin. Meet Grace Lusk. She loves family and is ambitious. She moved in and joined the gardening career, which has really taken a lot of burden off of Adelaide who busks around town looking for tips.

Adelaide took Grace out to a beautiful pier to propose to her on a snowy midnight.
...It didn't go so well. I think Grace may have been too tired to think about such a big commitment.

So, after a good night of sleep and a day off to relax, Grace realized her grave error, took Adelaide back to the romantic spot, and proposed to her on her birthday. It was a lovely time.

Weeks of bliss passed, and Adelaide began to realize that she made the most money at festivals happening around the world, so she always flew around and took advantage of those when she could.

And long after, guess what? We've got an heir on the way!! thumbs up

====================================

Challenge progression:
✅  Violin Skill Level 10 (I had a screenshot of her completing the skill, but I accidentally saved over it.)

Here's the house progression before a new room was added for the nooboo. There's a big greenhouse and outside garden that's not pictured as well. (Thank goodness for year-round lemon harvests!)
I love cottage style homes so much.  Heart

Back to top Go down
lionpaws

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Oh no! The proposal was rejected? Good thing Adelaide didn't give up, those two are adorable!

That house looks so cozy! And I see they have a big greenhouse in the back.

Did you know that if you move the plants outside in their season they will have bigger yields?

Good luck to Adelaide and her family Heart
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/lionpaws/mystudio
TheDallas

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:48 pm

@lionpaws Thanks! Yep, her proposal was rejected, which surprised me so much that I didn't pause the game quick enough to get all the reactions. I was stunned! Adelaide and Grace have full friendship and romance bars, but I guess Grace was just not into the midnight proposal. lol.

And yes, I do know about the seasonal harvests. I always rotate out the plants and trees from the greenhouse at the beginning of each new season. It helps a lot with the evolving too!

The house has been expanded (and is in need of a second expansion again)! Adelaide has a growing family!
Back to top Go down
TheDallas

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Welcome the Jazz Legacy heir, Gregory Hines Hall. He's named after the incredible dancer, actor, and choreographer Gregory Hines, so I thought the name was very fitting for the second generation challenge. He was a wild toddler and is an active child who loves meeting strangers and playing outdoors.

Grace got promoted to the Floral Arranger track in the gardening career. She wasn't good at arranging when she first started, but she became more comfortable with it as time progressed.

And since Adelaide maxed the violin skill, she moved onto her next instrument, the guitar. She doesn't play around for tips anymore now that she makes good money from writing songs, but she still likes playing outdoors in the desert weather.

With another baby on the way, Gregory's birthday came around. He didn't like thinking about the new addition to the family. Though, he's a handsome boy when he's not scowling!  Laughing

And with that, we welcome little Miss Mary Lou Williams Hall. She's named after the prolific arranger and composer Mary Lou Williams. She's an absolute beauty who's curious about everything and I think will be a supportive sister to Gregory when he's older.

==========================

Challenge progression:

---- Almost done with perfecting the guitar for Adelaide.  Soon, she'll move on to the keyboard as her final instrument.

---- I need to renovate the house again now that they have two kids running around and also trim down the garden out back because it has gotten very large.

Surprised  Surprised  Surprised  Surprised
Back to top Go down
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Adorable family. Good looking kids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge   

Back to top Go down

Jazz & Blues Theme: Broadway Legacy Challenge
Page 1 of 1