For the love of all things related to The Sims
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buttonsginger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 11209
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Feel Free to ask questions in this thread.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

  hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Buttonsginger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 11209
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Index

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

  hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Buttonsginger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 11209
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 pm


Anybody having problems with the flower arrangement skill sticking?

Edit: Sims 4 not responding/shut down with task manager.


Thread on The Sims Official Forums

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

  hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Mamajanaynay
Member
avatar

Posts : 1285
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 53
Location : God's country: Da Yoop

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Hey buttons, I haven't experienced any issues with my game. I ran a vanilla one to regenerate folders, then put my cc back in. So far no problems with having them back in. Have you tried repairing game with the not responding problem? Not sure about the other issue, I haven't tried doing that yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay
Buttonsginger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 11209
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi MJ!

I just right clicked on the picture of my nonactive sim to direct the camera back to her and the game did that white screen again. I deleted cashes and repaired the game. Going back in....jez....I just want to play the game. No

I am glad to hear you're not having any issues Big Grin

Edit: Saved home and household to my library. Started new game (put on same lot). Running better.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

  hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Mamajanaynay
Member
avatar

Posts : 1285
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 53
Location : God's country: Da Yoop

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 pm

Okay. So I had put my cc back in and everything was going great. Played my challenge gal no problems, created a new family on a new save played them yesterday evening with no problems, other than I ended up just building them a home because when I used the cheat Free realestate, the home I chose had walls with missing wallpaper and when I tried to replace it, the game would lag big time and this was a maxis made home! So I exited out without saving, went back in and just built them a home but had no lag or problems with putting wallpaper on. scratch

Today however is a whole different story. I don't know if it is cc caused or if there is a issue with the gallery. Here's what happened. I was playing my newly created family in their new home that I built. I wanted to send them out to dinner but had no restaurants in game. So I did manage worlds (without saving), went into Willow Springs and placed a Maxis made restaurant and as it was building my game crashed. This is the first time my game has ever crashed!

I pulled out all the build and buy cc thinking that may be the cause, but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to go in and check yet. When I can I'm going to do the same thing I did before it crashed. Has anyone else heard of the game crashing when trying to download anything from the gallery since the patch and seasons came out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay
Gramcrackers
Member
avatar

Posts : 4822
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 74
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Had a scare when the baby became a toddler and The Aspiration wouldn't stick but the trait did. Couldn't get out of the screen. None of the Aspirations would take. Thought I would have to bring down the game and lose progress but it finally accepted the Aspiration.
I am beyond disappointed with the gardening. There was no need to make little piles of dirt out of the spliced plants.

Also disappointed that I couldn't build a greenhouse or enclose plants in a room, can't enclose the roller skating rink for year round use, but I suppose that's because we have an Ice skating rink.
Clothes and such are great but the colors for decorating seem to have lost something in the translation. Too often the colors don't show like the swatch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Buttonsginger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 11209
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:46 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
Okay. So I had put my cc back in and everything was going great. Played my challenge gal no problems, created a new family on a new save played them yesterday evening with no problems, other than I ended up just building them a home because when I used the cheat Free realestate, the home I chose had walls with missing wallpaper and when I tried to replace it, the game would lag big time and this was a maxis made home! So I exited out without saving, went back in and just built them a home but had no lag or problems with putting wallpaper on. scratch

Today however is a whole different story. I don't know if it is cc caused or if there is a issue with the gallery. Here's what happened. I was playing my newly created family in their new home that I built. I wanted to send them out to dinner but had no restaurants in game. So I did manage worlds (without saving), went into Willow Springs and placed a Maxis made restaurant and as it was building my game crashed. This is the first time my game has ever crashed!

I pulled out all the build and buy cc thinking that may be the cause, but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to go in and check yet. When I can I'm going to do the same thing I did before it crashed. Has anyone else heard of the game crashing when trying to download anything from the gallery since the patch and seasons came out?  

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Extreme-Lag-When-placing-wallpaper-on-walls/td-p/6872282
Here's some info on wallpaper problems

I've seen people posting about the game crashing when trying to upload to the gallery but can't find the thread now. At work atm, will try to find it and post later.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

  hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Buttonsginger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 11209
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:48 pm

@Gramcrackers wrote:
Had a scare when the baby became a toddler and The Aspiration wouldn't stick but the trait did.  Couldn't get out of the screen. None of the Aspirations would take.  Thought I would have to bring down the game and lose progress but it finally accepted the Aspiration.
I am beyond disappointed with the gardening.  There was no need to make little piles of dirt out of the spliced plants.  

Also disappointed that I couldn't build a greenhouse or enclose plants in a room, can't enclose the roller skating rink for year round use,  but I suppose that's because we have an Ice skating rink.
Clothes and such are great  but the colors for decorating seem to have lost something in the translation.  Too often the colors don't show like the swatch.
I haven't played enough to know for sure but I think the piles of dirt will resprout in the appropriate season.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

  hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Mamajanaynay
Member
avatar

Posts : 1285
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 53
Location : God's country: Da Yoop

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Hey @Buttonsginger I went back in game and was able to download a the same Maxis restaurant and place it without the game crashing. I'm going to assume that maybe it was something in the build/buy cc I had that wasn't compatible. For now I'll just leave that stuff out it's not like it's anything that I would die if I didn't have it in game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay
Buttonsginger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 11209
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:21 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
Hey @Buttonsginger I went back in game and was able to download a the same Maxis restaurant and place it without the game crashing. I'm going to assume that maybe it was something in the build/buy cc I had that wasn't compatible. For now I'll just leave that stuff out it's not like it's anything that I would die if I didn't have it in game. Laughing

So glad you got it figured out! cheers

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

  hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches    

Back to top Go down
 
Season Expansion Game Play Questions and Possible Glitches
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sims Creators' Consortium :: Sims 4 :: Sims 4 Discussion :: Technical & Troubleshooting-
Jump to: