HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Build n Share Sims 4

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pallystyle

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm

I started working some on this today. I did the living kitchen area and started on a bedroom. And I even made Miss Potts. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
http://pallysscribbles.freeforums.net/
faithofkaela

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:17 am

That's awesome!!! Good luck with the rest of the build sweetie.
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:29 pm

@faithofkaela, can anyone join in at any time or are sign ups closed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:49 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
Hello @Mamajanaynay
It would be great to see how you interpret the floor plans into Sims4
Cool
Per the brief for #BnS83 - A Townie Home
Quote :
The deadline for this challenge is 6th December 2017
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 pm

@EuphorialQueen wrote:
@Mamajanaynay wrote:
Hello @Mamajanaynay
Cool
Quote :

Thanks EQ! I just might see what I can do before actually committing myself to this. giggle I have done a few interpretations of RL homes to Sims 4, the hardest part I have is the footage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay
faithofkaela

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:28 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
@EuphorialQueen wrote:
@Mamajanaynay wrote:
Hello @Mamajanaynay
Cool
Quote :

Thanks EQ! I just might see what I can do before actually committing myself to this. giggle  I have done a few interpretations of RL homes to Sims 4, the hardest part I have is the footage.

I get that @mamajanynay, I usually try one grid per metre, then scale it up if I need to..... Looking forward to seeing an entry from you sweet Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Okay. So here is my attempt at doing this RL home to Sims 4, without cc

This is the home plan called The Dallas #1247 (just the outside for the moment. I have the inside laid out but things may have to change.  giggle )

Back to top Go down
faithofkaela

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:35 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
Okay. So here is my attempt at doing this RL home to Sims 4, without cc

This is the home plan called The Dallas #1247 (just the outside for the moment. I have the inside laid out but things may have to change.  giggle )

It looks gorgeous sweetie - can't wait to see inside!!
Back to top Go down
Pallystyle

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 pm

@Mamajanaynay What you have done so far is great! I love the landscaping. Heart

I am trying to do the same floor plan. It was the only one I thought I could do on the budget. I tried a couple of others but one was too big and the other felt too small. It can be tricky to do real life plans since they add all those little nooks and closets and a little room for a water heater or furnace. Just have to put some storage in them. giggle

I can't wait to see how you do the inside of the house. Wink Heart
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:43 am

@Pallystyle wrote:

I am trying to do the same floor plan. It was the only one I thought I could do on the budget. I tried a couple of others but one was too big and the other felt too small. It can be tricky to do real life plans since they add all those little nooks and closets and a little room for a water heater or furnace. Just have to put some storage in them. giggle

I know how you feel about the other floor plans, however, I'm having difficulty with the inside layout. What I thought would work just. isn't. cutting. the. mustard. Mad   I may have to scrap it or move the house as is to my library and place it on a bigger lot. I put the home in Willow Creek and chose the lot (it is currently on a 40x30) because of the scenery in the back of the house. It just seemed so peaceful and serene. But because of the hugeness of the furniture in the game I've had to really condense the living area and to me that just doesn't do the RL layout any justice. No
Back to top Go down
Pallystyle

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:36 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
@Pallystyle wrote:

I know how you feel about the other floor plans, however, I'm having difficulty with the inside layout. What I thought would work just. isn't. cutting. the. mustard. Mad   I may have to scrap it or move the house as is to my library and place it on a bigger lot. I put the home in Willow Creek and chose the lot (it is currently on a 40x30) because of the scenery in the back of the house. It just seemed so peaceful and serene. But because of the hugeness of the furniture in the game I've had to really condense the living area and to me that just doesn't do the RL layout any justice. No

I understand. Mine is lacking any kind of formal dining, but I figured since she is a loner sim she wouldn't want much company. Laughing

I put a little table for 2 in front of some windows and I have a couch and 2 chairs in front of the fire place. It did leave room for some bar stools at the counter. This floor plan at least has room for her to have a study. The one bedroom plan didn't even have a garage to convert. I wonder if we really need to furnish the smaller bedrooms much since she lives alone? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:17 am

@Pallystyle wrote:
@Mamajanaynay wrote:
@Pallystyle wrote:

I understand. Mine is lacking any kind of formal dining, but I figured since she is a loner sim she wouldn't want much company. Laughing

I put a little table for 2 in front of some windows and I have a couch and 2 chairs in front of the fire place. It did leave room for some bar stools at the counter. This floor plan at least has room for her to have a study. The one bedroom plan didn't even have a garage to convert. I wonder if we really need to furnish the smaller bedrooms much since she lives alone? scratch

You know when I was looking at the floor plan, I wasn't forsure if those were fireplaces or what because the photo of what the home looks like doesn't show any chimneys. scratch Laughing

I was also wondering about what exactly to do with the other bedrooms. Because she is a "loner" I really don't think she'll invite anyone to move in or stay over much less get married and have children...but then again you may never know. Wink

I'm gathering that our total budget is 120,000 simoleons? That's 100,000 for interior and exterior plus the 20,000 for her study/art room.
Back to top Go down
Pallystyle

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:29 pm

It is just 100,000. And that has to include the price of the lot. I was over budget on mine so had to re move a bunch of paintings and replace the appliances then reupload. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Yeah, I went over onto the forum and saw that question and the answer. Both builds were waaaay over budget so I scraped both and started over by moving a sim onto the lot I wanted (via free real estate cheat) then bulldozed that lot, then moved her back to the desired lot just to find out how much the lot cost. I then did the money cheat to give her, her remaining budgeted balance after deducting the price of the lot. I have the home completely done with the exception of not adding any furniture to the two empty bedrooms. I don't know if I should fill them or not. hmm What did you do @Pallystyle?
Back to top Go down
faithofkaela

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Just so you know @mamajanaynay, build'n'share would normally expect the entire of the build to be furnished......
Back to top Go down
faithofkaela

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
@Pallystyle wrote:
@Mamajanaynay wrote:
@Pallystyle wrote:

You know when I was looking at the floor plan, I wasn't forsure if those were fireplaces or what because the photo of what the home looks like doesn't show any chimneys. scratch  Laughing

I was also wondering about what exactly to do with the other bedrooms. Because she is a "loner" I really don't think she'll invite anyone to move in or stay over much less get married and have children...but then again you may never know. Wink

I'm gathering that our total budget is 120,000 simoleons? That's 100,000 for interior and exterior  plus the 20,000 for her study/art room.

The $20,000 for the art room is a separate challenge, i.e. if you just wanted to build the room and not the entire home, you would have $20,000 to work with.
Back to top Go down
Pallystyle

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:38 pm

@Mamajanaynay wrote:
Yeah, I went over onto the forum and saw that question and the answer. Both builds were waaaay over budget so I scraped both and started over by moving a sim onto the lot I wanted (via free real estate cheat) then bulldozed that lot, then moved her back to the desired lot just to find out how much the lot cost. I then did the money cheat to give her, her remaining budgeted balance after deducting the price of the lot. I have the home completely done with the exception of not adding any furniture to the two empty bedrooms. I don't know if I should fill them or not. hmm What did you do @Pallystyle?

I put beds and curtains in each of the small bedrooms. They also have a closet, and a light. In the room that was labeled office, I made that a bedroom and put a toddler bed in it and made a shelf in the spot that said built in. I hope it was okay. It's been so long since I did a BnS. scratch But I wanted her other rooms to feel more alive since she will be in them the most.
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:38 pm

@faithofkaela wrote:
Just so you know @mamajanaynay, build'n'share would normally expect the entire of the build to be furnished......

Thanks @faithofkaela, I figured they would need to be furnished. BlowingKiss
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:43 pm

@Pallystyle wrote:
@Mamajanaynay wrote:

I put beds and curtains in each of the small bedrooms. They also have a closet, and a light. In the room that was labeled office, I made that a bedroom and put a toddler bed in it and made a shelf in the spot that said built in. I hope it was okay. It's been so long since I did a BnS. scratch But I wanted her other rooms to feel more alive since she will be in them the most.

I kept the study as a study with a desk, computer and I put a book shelf in where the shelves are. I thought I would keep her writing area separate from her crafting/art/music room (which is the now renovated garage giggle ). I'm thinking that I might use one of the bedrooms as a "guest" room and the other maybe as just a sitting room. Idk. I haven't made up my mind yet but whatever I do, I have a little over 16,000 left to work with so it can't be too much or very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Whew!  Okay bullet bit, my house, The Dallas, has been posted on the officials!

For more photos view here

For the gallery, Here

View floor plan of original house (RL) here
Back to top Go down
Pallystyle

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:37 pm

I really like your home, @mamajanaynay! I think you did a wonderful job with the budget. applause
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Thank you @Pallystyle! I guess 3rd time is a charm at building this home. giggle
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:47 am

@Mamajanaynay
To borrow a phrase from my favorite show:
"It's bigger on the inside!"
Fantastic job applause Bravo
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
faithofkaela

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:12 am

Looks amazing @mamajanaynay!! You did really well with the budget Smile
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build n Share Sims 4   

Back to top Go down

Build n Share Sims 4
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next