HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Yup you read that right! We got toddlers in a patch! Check it out!
SimGuruDrake wrote:
Update: 01/12/2017 – PC Version 1.26.96.1010 / Mac Version 1.26.96.1210

Hey Simmers and Simmodlers,

What’s New?

Toddlers.

Wait you skipped right to the what’s ne… what the whaaat?! Toddlers? Toddler toddlers… toddlers? Um, did you just say toddlers?

Perhaps. But the long standing ‘no talk’ of toddlers talk may be toddler blocking me. And, as such I can neither confirm nor deny their tiny toddler toddling presence in this release. I can however, say that any resemblance to a toddler in this toddler release is purely todd-idental… ler.

I am also required by the Toddler Coalition for the Betterment and Care of Toddlerhood to provide a few disclaimers:

For you and your toddler’s safety, please keep all toddlers at least 5 feet from all toddler messaging about toddlers.
   In case of fire do not break glass, but grab the nearest toddler and exit the building in an orderly fashion.
       Once safe, please take a moment to find the toddlers parents if the toddler was not yours.
   Also, for a toddler lasting more than 9 days, turn aging on.
   Batteries not included, so feed your toddler.
   For identification purposes, this is a toddler: o>-<
       Not actual size

Well whew! We’ve just had 24 toddlers already born in these release notes (make that 25). I feel there may be more toddlers on the way… so Woohoo*!

*Woohoo will not directly produce a toddler, but provide for the groundwork for a future toddler.

Argh! So… TELL ME ABOUT TODDLERS already!!!
Ok, ok alright. All things Toddlers…

Let’s start with “How do you get a Toddler”?

Add your toddler in Create a Sim!

You can add them to a new or existing household through Create a Sim. And customize them as you would any other Sim:
       Select their voice, gender, and ASSIGN A RELATIONSHIP
           Sorry for the caps, but this is kind of important. Toddlers have a special relationship with caregivers.
           Mothers, brothers, fathers, sisters, or anyone you choose via the in game interaction Adopt as Caregiver (found under the toddlers Help… interaction menu) are caregivers.
           Being a Caregiver will ensure that the caregiver Sim cares for the toddler, while other Sims may be less inclined to answer the crying calls of your average toddler.
   Ok, now that the Caregiver bit is over with… let’s get into the other customization options.
       8 new traits to pick from!
           Angelic, Fussy, Silly, Charmer, Independent, Wild, Clingy, and Inquisitive
       Presets for the various toddler body and head parts to assist in your customization, as well as the same ability to modify the body and face parts that other Sims have.
       All the same skin tones as adults (yes, Aliens too!)
           Does it make sense that that toddler wears an alien sized diaper?
           No, no it doesn’t. But, it’s really cute!
       Plenty of Styled Looks to choose from.
       And of course all the usual stuff…
           Full body outfits, tops, bottoms, socks, leggings, and shoes.
           Glasses, hats, hairs (and hair colors), freckles, and teeth.
               Did we talk about the new teeth yet?
               Yes, teeth for all ages! Head in to Create a Sim, click on your Sims head, click the Face category, and then Teeth to customize your Sims smile.
                   I like the braces.

Adopt your toddler!

Choose the Household… Adopt option on the computer, to adopt your very own toddler!
       They come fully toddler-ized, ready for your snuggles.

Or, if you want to do things the old fashioned way, age up your baby!

It starts with… look it’s a birds and bees thing. There’s a flower, some pollen, and the bee… um, go ask your mom.

So, now you have a toddler…
How do you care for them?

Bathe, and Bubble Bathe them. Be aware of the possible splash back.
   With a Potty Chair they can Go Potty, and Ask for Potty Help… or just use their diaper.
       And of course, non-toddlers will have to Clean the Potty, and Change the Diaper.
   Sleep, Nap, Ask to be Read to Sleep or Tucked in, Sit and Chat all on a Toddler Bed.
   Toddlers prefer the high chair where they can Ask for Food or Drink, and of course Eat.
       But they may find their food more fun than edible.
   Be hugged, snuggled, talked or played with, or listened to.

And as they do ‘things’ they learn skills like communication, movement, thinking, imagination, and potty.

And their caregivers can be available to mentor and help them along.

But they want to have fun to, right?
Of course, and there are many ways for toddlers to have fun, or… not.

They can cry, laugh, yell, and throw a tantrum. Or babble in the mirror, tell stories, talk about dinosaurs, princesses, superheroes, parties, art, the day, their favorite animals, or just Ask Why… over and over and over.
   Or play in things, find out what that is, splash in the toilet (hopefully you are a neat Sim), ask to be picked up, or talk to strangers (stranger danger).
   Maybe they want to watch toddler videos, play Simshape or Blicblock Baby, draw with llama on the Wabbit Tablet. Or build a tower, study shapes, or ask others to help them build and study with the Nesting Blocks.
   They can hit, hug, or talk to their giant stuffed animals.
   Read or ask to be read a toddler book.
   Look at flash cards, and learn animals, basic needs, letters, or objects.
   Play with the toybox toys, and the dollhouse. Dance and listen to music (including the new Lullaby and Kids radio station).
   Just to name a few…

Woah, ok… um, I hate to ask but can toddlers…

No, toddlers do not die. They are fireproof.

No, no... NO! I wasn’t… look, I just wanted to know can toddlers…

Yes, they can climb stairs, run and walk – but you’ll have to improve their movement skill.

Stop that, I just wanted to know can toddlers do anything else?
Yes, toddlers can…
…be your little sister or brother, son or daughter. Try your patience. Be loving but a handful. They can take all your time, or be ignored. They can travel with you, or go to daycare. Or you can stay at home, and hire a nanny. They can provide special moments for you and your Sims. And they can grow and learn, as they age up into children, teens, young adults, adults, and eventually elders. They can’t die, but they can be taken away. And ultimately, they can be part of your Sims family, and your stories.

Anything else?
Yes, in addition to toddlers, and I strongly suggest you pick up a couple of these if you intend to have a toddler, you can find the following items in Build Mode under the Kids Room sort (just click on the 3 blocks in the image):

2 Toddler Beds
   3 High Chairs
   Wabbit Tablet
   Nesting Blocks
   Chomper the Devourer toy box
   A toddler sized Dollhouse
   A Bookshelf and 12 toddler books
   2 Potty Chairs
   6 new toy box toys (bus, kitty, bear, ducky, butterfly, and Tentacle Tom)

And…

2 Curtains, 5 wall decals, a light for floors and a light for ceilings, a dresser, a rug, a wall shelf, an end table, a wall sculpture, a living chair, 4 decorated toddler doors, AND 7 walls and 2 floors.

That sure is a lot. Did you address any issues?
Just a couple, er some, er what is five in the verbal shorthand? And is couple really short for two? It has three extra letters. I’m so confused…

You can now use the Design Tool on a bassinet containing a baby, because sometimes your baby just doesn’t match your room.
       And you can’t change the baby. Put down the baby safe paint and brush, and just back away.
   Walls can now be built along all four edges of penthouse lots, rather than just three.
   We addressed an issue that could cause the game to freeze while playing the Doctor Career or when hiring a Nanny in some languages.
       *childish moment* Playing doctor, hehe.
   Confident children will no longer get a whim to practice pick-up lines.
   We addressed an issue that could cause doors to be stuck ajar.
       Your door is ajar.
       No, it’s a door.

And on that toddler’ish joke, that’s the update folks. In the time it took you to read these release notes, the following toddlers came to be in the Sims…

Abigail a toddler, Aidan a toddler, Alex a toddler, Alexander a toddler, Allison a toddler, Alyssa a toddler, Andrew a toddler, Anna a toddler, Anthony a toddler, Archer a hog of war, Ariana a venti-toddler, Ashley a toddler, Austin a toddler, Ava a toddler, Avery a toddler, Benjamin a toddler button, Brandon a toddler, Brayden a toddler, Brianna a toddler, Brian not a toddler because he turned aging off and stayed a baby, Caden a toddler, Caleb a toddler, Cameron a toddler, Chloe a toddler danced the tables, Christian a toddler, Christopher a toddler, Connor a toddler, Cruz a toddler, Daniel a toddler, David vs toddler-iath, Dylan a toddler, Elijah would a toddler?, Elizabeth a toddler, Ella a toddler, Emily a toddler, Emma a toddler, Ethan a toddler, Etta at last a toddler, Evan a toddler, Gabriel a toddler, Gavin a toddler, Grace a toddler, Hailey a toddler, Hannah a toddler and her sisters, Hunter a toddler, India a toddler, Isabella-watcha-doin-toddler, Isabelle a toddler, Jack o’toddler, Jackson a toddler, Jacob a climber, James a toddler, Jasmine a toddler, Jayden a toddler, John a toddler, Jonathan a toddler, Jordan a toddler, Joseph a toddler, Joshua a toddler, Julia a toddler, Kaitlyn a toddler, Katherine a toddler, Kayla a toddler, Kaylee a toddler, Kylie a toddler, Kyra a toddler, Lauren a toddler, Lily a toddler, Logan a toddler also known as James, Lucas a toddler, Luke – use the toddler, Mackenzie a toddler, Madeline a toddler made with flour, eggs, lemon, sugar, and vanilla, Madison a toddler and an avenue in a popular board game, Makayla a toddler, Mason a free-toddler, Matthew a toddler, Maya a toddler, Megan a toddler, Mia a toddler, Michael a toddler, Morgan a toddler, Natalie a toddler, Nathan an uncharted toddler, Nicolas a toddler, Noah a toddler on an ark, Olivia a toddler-newton-john, Owen a toddler, Plum a toddler, Rachel we miss you a toddler, Riley a toddler, Rosemary’s toddler, Ryan a toddler, Samantha b toddler, Samuel a toddler on snakes, Sarah a toddler, Savanna a plain toddler, Sean a toddler, Sophia a toddler, Sydney a toddler-mate, Taylor a toddler, Thomas a toddler, TK-421 a trooper, Toddler a toddler, Tyler a toddler, William a tell-toddler, Zachary a toddler, and Zoe a toddler.

We look forward to your stories, and we wonder who your toddler will be?
-SimGuruGnome’dler

Check out our FAQ for additional Toddlers related questions.

SimGuruDrake wrote:
Toddlers FAQ
Q. What’s new about Toddlers?
A. The Toddlers in the Sims 4 are adorable, challenging little Sims that feature many of the things you know and love from previous versions of this age group but with some additional content all new to The Sims 4. You can customize your Toddlers with lots of new CAS content including clothing, hair, and even teeth!

Q. Can you create Toddlers in Create A Sim?
A. You can create Toddlers by selecting the Toddler age in Create a Sim. You'll be able to customize their look in many ways including changing their eyes, mouth, chin, cheeks, and weight.

Q. Do Toddlers have all the same functionality as those in The Sims 2 or 3?
A. Toddlers in The Sims 4 are more active and capable than Toddlers we’ve seen in previous iterations of The Sims. The focus for The Sims 4 is on the development and growth that happens during the toddler age. While you'll recognize many things including high chairs, potty chairs and learning to talk, Toddlers in the Sims 4 do not drink from bottles, sleep in a crib, nor crawl. Progression and growth is an important part of this age so you will see a toddler walk unsteadily and stumble but improve to be running around the house.

Q. What does the Toddler’s update include?
A. The Toddler’s update comes with an assortment of new objects for your little Sims, ranging from a Toddler bookcase and bed, to a high chair, nesting blocks, and more. For a full list of features included in the update, please visit our patch notes here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/908758/january-12-2017-patch-notes/p1?new=1

Q. How do you gain Toddler Skills?
A. Players will be able to unlock Toddler skills three ways:

Performing various actions (e.g. gain a movement skill by walking, or a communication skill by socializing).
   Engaging with objects and the world around the Sim (e.g. gain an imagination skill by playing with nesting blocks)
   Getting help from a caregiver (e.g. a parent Sim showing the Toddler flash cards)

Q. How do traits work?
A. Players are prompted to pick a Toddler Trait when aging up from a Baby (or in CAS). The player will also be prompted to choose a valid Child Trait when the Toddler ages to a Child.

Q. What are all of the new Toddler traits?
A. The new Toddler Traits include: Angelic, Charmer, Clingy, Fussy, Independent, Inquisitive, Silly and Wild.

Q. What are all of the new Toddler skills?
A. The new Toddler Skills include: Communication, Imagination, Thinking, Movement and Potty.

Q. How long did this update take?
A. We've actually been looking into adding this feature into the game for a while, but had to find the right opportunity and resources to make it work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay http://mamajanaynay.wordpress.com
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Holy pale ... What the .... Suspect I ... WOW eeek Surprised

Toddlers Frequently Asked Questions

I have been playing my game today and TOTALLY Missed this!
Just saved so I can Quit and Patch .....

HappyTrio cheers HappyTrio

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Households by EQCreations & Spaces by EQCreations
Rosebud Challenge & Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge & Rosebud In The City
ChallengeMashUp
Eco Existence Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
The Sims Creators' Consortium
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Almost forgot ..... Thank you @Mamajanaynay for posting!

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:59 pm

I am in total shock. I didn't think we'd ever see toddlers in Sims 4. A LOT of people are VERY happy today!

Thank you so much for posting MJ applause

hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 pm

No problem ladies! I have been playing and I had a female who was about to pop too so I was able to check out the toddler in an actual family.

I love the "check toddler" interaction!

Oh and I shared my very first toddler into the gallery!

Heather Dodd hashtag's: #toddlers #mamajanaynay #thesims4 #thesims
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay http://mamajanaynay.wordpress.com
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:22 pm

I agree @Buttonsginger there are a lot of very happy simmers right now! Many of them I'm sure are praising the development team right now bow1 bow1

@EQ, when I checked the forum at about 12:30 today I noticed a thread about a big announcement that was reported through simscommunity ru (russia) and there was a lot of speculation about what that rumor would be, one being toddlers another weather. At 1:05 I checked the forum again and noticed there was a patch for today. When I checked it I had to read it like 3 times to make sure I was reading that we were actually getting toddlers! I thought my eyes and mind were playing tricks on me! Ha HA Ha HA
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Heather is adorable! I noticed several Toddlers in the Gallery without Adults?
Is this a new feature?

*AND* I notices the new Vampire skin tones are available in CAS now
banana MeMeMe banana

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:30 pm

@EuphorialQueen wrote:
Heather is adorable! I noticed several Toddlers in the Gallery without Adults?
Is this a new feature?

*AND* I notices the new Vampire skin tones are available in CAS now
banana MeMeMe banana

You know it might be! I didn't even think of that after I checked out CAS and made her. I just saved her to my library and was able to upload her to the gallery. scratch

eeek Vampire skins! In CAS! How did I ever miss that! I'm going to have to go back in and check it out! Goodness so much wowing news coming out...my poor ticker and brain can't handle the overload! Spinning Spinning

And thank you for your compliment on Heather. She is so cute! I think the toddlers in S4 have toddlers in S3 beat!
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:39 pm

... and Toddlers can actually climb stairs ... and pull themselves up onto a regular chair.
Conversation options are so cute ....
"Book Help" is asking to be read a story. There is also a new collection of Toddler Books.

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 pm

I am in complete shock!!!!! Toddlers and vampires! I am a happy camper right now!

HappyTrio

I will be able to finally change my avatar! LOL
I should delete the link to the stories too I guess as the pics are all gone now. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:41 pm

I am still patching Sad

I really didn't want toddlers in Sims 4 but now I think I am really excited. It sounds soooooooooooooooooo much better than Sims 3....those toddlers drove me nuts. Mad

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:49 pm

hello6 Hi BG 
I only created the two toddlers and their parent then had to add the Toddler "stuff" to a lot. There is one pre-made room that I saw with some of the new stuff. 
Really did not play them much yet. I was already playing a save and wanted to get back to my main household. 
The new toys look cool and I like that Sims 4 Toddlers can be a tad more mobile. 
To your computer: "Hurry up and download that patch! BG needs Toddlers."

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 pm

hello6 @EuphorialQueen My current save just had triplets!! Jez.......I've only played a couple hours since the pregnancy.......they have wished for another child. lolgal

Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:12 am

Forgot to see the Toddler Life span.... already closed my game. Ah well... will look next time I am in game. 
I always age up the babies pretty quick. Children usually get their full time just so I can get the child skills up.

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 am

I have thought I read something about 9 days....but I am not sure hmm

Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:14 am

I totally missed the Live Broadcast but SimsVIP shared the rebrocast on their YouTube channel

SimsVIP
The Sims 4: Toddlers Broadcast (January 12th, 2017)

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:15 am

Oh! Thank you so much for posting the broadcast Heart

Completely adorable!!

Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks for posting that video EQ! BlowingKiss
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:18 pm

You are welcome

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Well, I am finally patched! I had a heck of a time. I feel asleep last night with the game updating and when I woke up early this a.m. the update had paused at 92%.....hmmmmm...okay...so I hit continue.....and it flipped back to 52%.....bummer.....when I left to take my son to school it was at 84%.....got home and it had paused again, this time at 88%.....hit continue....flipped back to 58%....ugggggggggg...my net is so very slow anyway.....then a window from my antivirus (Norton 360) popped up and said it had quarantined a "dangerous" file......I didn't get a picture of it but it contained something about CAS in the coding.....so I had ticked to allow the file and then it finally updated!

I put Origin and The Sims 4 in the area of the antivirus that allows stuff to run without scanning. Jez.....what a pain in the pawtootie.

Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Hmmmmm.....my born in game children aged to teen and I thought I would give them braces......the head is grayed out in CAS. Anyone else tried to add braces? It is disappointing if you can't add braces to teens born in game.

Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:13 pm

@Buttonsginger wrote:
Hmmmmm.....my born in game children aged to teen and I thought I would give them braces......the head is grayed out in CAS. Anyone else tried to add braces?  It is disappointing if you can't add braces to teens born in game.
I tested this and it seems to work for me.
I used both Teen and Adult Sims and it worked

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:15 pm

That's odd.  My teens just aged up.  This is not a new save. Thanks for the help Heart

edit: going to repair game and see if that fixes it.

Back to top Go down
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Holy Cow! Cute! Heart Heart Heart
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:15 pm

BG wrote:
That's odd.  My teens just aged up.  This is not a new save. Thanks for the help Heart
Edit: going to repair game and see if that fixes it.
When you took you Sim into CAS did you use the Plan Outfit or Change Sim option?
When I tested I chose a family from Manage Worlds and took them to CAS.

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update    

Back to top Go down

TODDLERS! January 12, 2017 patch update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next