Share | 

Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Friday

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:30 pm

@daisylee wrote:
I have been going through Sims stuff, especially 3, and sorting, relearning, etc. I really am having fun. It is so nice to have all the things I have missed. Found a save of my family, with 2 toddlers now, and they are  darn cute. I am having a few of the build quirks but overall I can build so much more easily in 3 and love all we can do with lots in and over water, on hills, etc. I am in a total redo I did of Moonlight Falls in CAW and it is huge. I have a working lighthouse and ports and boats, etc.

I placed some new lots in the water and am able to the pier one I have kept and also have the ship diner on one. Sent my sim and she boated right over to them. Fun! Also, as this is a new save/town after a reinstall my tombs should all be reset and I can do them again. I always liked that. And I can build, build, build.  

My family house is a WIP as they brought all their stuff from Italy and it does not match at all. This is supposed to be a New England coastal town.  And of course the ice cream truck found them right away! LOL

Sounds like fun. I am glad I never bought Sims 4. I didn't really think it was for me. But I thought I'd wait and see what everyone thought after a year of playing. It's sounds like I should just stay with 3.
Back to top Go down
http://nooboosblog.wordpress.com/
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:22 pm

There are many good things about 4. I think the best thing just is to think of them as different games. When I had just 4 installed I compared them constantly to myself and griped about all sorts of things. Now that I can play both I am happier again.

I really hope that in 5 they manage to combine the best things from both of them. I would say get 4 but just treat it as a standalone item. After seeing 4, 3 looks very dated. 4 is definitely newer and shinier. I like it also, but needed more than just it.
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743
Friday

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:24 pm

@daisylee wrote:
There are many good things about 4. I think the best thing just is to think of them as different games. When I had just 4 installed I compared them constantly to myself and griped about all sorts of things. Now that I can play both I am happier again.

I really hope that in 5 they manage to combine the best things from both of them. I would say get 4 but just treat it as a standalone item. After seeing 4, 3 looks very dated. 4 is definitely newer and shinier. I like it also, but needed more than just it.

Yeah I probably will get it eventually. It would be great if they could make 5 a combo of all the best parts of both. Maybe somehow they can make some parts of 4 different with the coming EP's. I didn't know specifically what it missing from 4 for the building but I hear a lot of people complaining about it. Maybe they can improve things in future EP's.
Back to top Go down
http://nooboosblog.wordpress.com/
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:18 pm

4 has some nice new build features and some that make it a royal pain to build IMO. In some ways they dumbed it down and that added some restrictions that are a bother to deal with. I can build way faster in 3 than 4. And 4 is boring in the sense that all the lots are flat and you cannot add ponds or sculpt the terrain, etc. And not build over water and so on. Overall, there is so much more that can be done in 3.
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   

Back to top Go down

Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2