HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:20 am

I am debating about reinstalling 3 even though it will be a major pain to do. I miss so much. Watching TV in 4 reminds me of all the things we cannot do. No CASt is driving me nuts, I really miss the toddlers and teens per 3. Miss the weather.

Do you play 3 at all now? I wonder how many people are playing both? Or how many started 4 and went back to 3? I know the empty lots will be bad, but I miss things like the scuba diving, boats, soooooooooooo much.

The scary thing though is that I would have to totally relearn how to play 3 and how to set everything up again. I had to reset my computer back to factory settings Crying or Very sad so would have to totally reinstall and patch and .................

Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:52 am

I have made a clean break from Sims 3 to Sims 4.  The day Sims 4 was released I started playing and have not played Sims 3 since. 
I had tons of Sims 3 fun and looked forward to each new EP and SP. I own all the Venues and about 98% of the Sims 3 store. Laughing 
There are things that we do not yet have in Sims 4 but it took a long while to get them in Sims 3 so I am not totally discounting the possibility of having them. So let's see... hmmm ...
*CASt yes it was great fun coming up with my own color combinations. Unfortunately sometimes I got too 'matchy'.
*Seasons It was great seeing the colors change with the Seasons. Rain provided great atmosphere and Snow looked really pretty on the trees and buildings. Until it began to take entire days (seemed like it) for my Sim to change into outerwear. Or they would habitually but the poor Toddlers or babies down in a snowbank and leave them there. Several of my Sims could not complete their Graduation or get to Prom because it took too long to get into the correct outfit.
*Toddlers Meh How many times can you teach toddlers to Walk, Talk or be Potty trained before getting bored to tears? Many of mine were Mind Controlled (NRaas Industries ) to immediately gain the needed skills before Birthday Cake day to become Children.
*Supernatural I do still like my Witcjhy/Warlock, Werewolf and Fairy types. But I can wait for those.
*Swimming in the Ocean was a fun novelty as was boating and para sailing. Given the current structure of the Sims 4 world(s) those might take some major changes.
*Half walls I miss and maybe terrain tools.
Short answer: Did I enjoy Sims 3? Immensely! Would I play it again? Probably not..... I am having too much fun playing Sims 4.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Households by EQCreations & Spaces by EQCreations
Rosebud Challenge & Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge & Rosebud In The City
ChallengeMashUp
Eco Existence Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
The Sims Creators' Consortium
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:39 am

I too haven't played TS3 in such a long time. The last time I even opened up that game was to do a build challenge that Jack had on Simtech. I miss the weather, swimming in oceans, boating. I don't miss the toddler stage that much, so it's really no big deal to not have it in TS4 and the same goes with pets. If we get them for TS4 in an ep I'll most likely buy it just because I would want the complete collection in the end, just like I do for TS3. Even though I do own 100% of the store along with every ep and sp and there are certain tools I miss that TS3 has compared to TS4, I'm looking forward to seeing what the developers can do with this game. I loved TS3 right from when it was announced, I miss the open world the most, the ability to actually travel with your sim down the road whether it be walking, by car or bike but the lagging kills my mood to play it and that's probably the most annoying part of the whole game and the #1 reason why I haven't opened it up to play even though I do miss it so terribly. Sad Crying or Very sad

I haven't really played TS4 all that much, because I'm so spoiled by what TS3 has/had to offer I find myself getting bored real quick with the game play and have done just mostly building lately, but I tend to get burnt out on doing that too. I have high hopes that TS4 will get better as time goes on, sadly it will never be another TS3 and I'm afraid that when it comes to weather it will be something on the line of weather in TS2. Weather in your neighborhood but when your sim travels to another lot or neighborhood the weather will be different. The only thing that will be different about weather in TS4 compared to TS2 is that in TS2 you only had your lot, not really a neighborhood so to speak. When you looked around your sims lot all you saw was a blue screen, unlike in TS4 you actually see your neighbors homes.

Would I ever play TS3 again? Maybe...if I could get rid of the lag then most definitely! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay http://mamajanaynay.wordpress.com
clayworld

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:04 pm

I still play Sims 3. Sims 4 can't capture me. I try it from time to time, but it just can't hold my interest past the Sim Creation screen. Sims 3 can be a PITA though. It's much touchier. Now, I'm waiting on a new video card since my current one isn't up to par, and Sims 3 crashes with regularity. When I play Sims 3, I find I miss the CAS from Sims 4. I doubt I will ever connect with Sims 4 the way I did with 1, 2 & 3, in fact I also play Sims 2 and Sims Medieval. That's my focus until I get my card updated. I think it probably depends on how much you love the open worlds in Sims 3 and if you're willing to tweak it. At least the patch dance is over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Clayworld/mystudio
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:40 pm

I may just install the base game and seasons and see if the things like the rolled up eyes and so on drive me nuts again enough that I say phooey, will not install the rest.

I just started a sim as a detective and having the loading screens drives me nuts when she has to move around during the day. At least in the science one my sim is at the same location each day.

We really need a game that is the best of both 3 and 4 but I do not know if that will ever happen. I still like building in 3 so much better than in 4 overall. And I loved to build on sloped lots.

I also want to know if we are going to get world builder for 4.
There is so much I really like about 4, but also so much that irritates me.

And what scares me is the loading screens are already seeming to take longer. And I am playing on an i7 so it must be the game as my computer should be able to handle 4 easily.

Decisions, decisions.

Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Those dasterly loading screens! UGH! Mad  

I know what you mean in the detective career. The doctor one also keeps your sim in one place, as far as I know. When I last played my gal who is in that career she was still doing her entire shift at the hospital.

I agree. It would of been nice if they would put together a sims game that combined the good parts of both TS3 and 4!

Here's my list of "the good parts to keep and pass on" from TS3: (feel free to comment and add your "good parts from both games if you play both or at least tried TS4)
*OPEN WORLD! Laughing
*terrain tools
*weather (this is a must and should be part of the BASE not an expansion No )
*half walls

"Good parts" from TS4:
*CAS (not having to deal with slider mods!  Celebrate )
*wall height and foundation height (but it would be nice if we could alter these just a bit. Sometimes I want one room to have a cathedral ceiling but not all the rooms on that level. Same goes with the foundation. I'd love to build a Ranch style home but it just don't look right with using walls as part of the foundation.)
*window placement. I like how we can stagger windows and move them up or down on the wall
*building tools (I think the building tools in 4 are much better than in TS3)

My mind is drawing some major blanks! That's all I could think of!!! hmm  scratch  Head Desk
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay http://mamajanaynay.wordpress.com
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:48 pm

I can play Sims 3. I have everything installed (don't own Katy Perry Stuff) and all the store stuff I own (which is almost the whole store) also installed. Smooth as silk on my new computer. One of the reasons that I got it. My son-in-law named my computer MegaAwesomeBox when he set it up.

I also have a great time playing Sims 2 every day. I don't play Sims 4 very often. I seem to get bored very easily with it.

So to answer your question in the title. Yes I play 3 and 4, but not very often. Mostly I play 2 and Minecraft.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
clayworld

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 pm

I also miss toddlers. They and the babies were actually the best in Sims 2. I don't like the teens being the same size in Sims 4 either.

I hate HATE the neighborhood screens. The neighborhood screens were better in Sims 2, even Sims 1! It so breaks the immersion. And it's so tiny! Ugh.

I don't think that they can make Sims 4 an open world. If it was as open as Sims 2, that would be a step forward. And the shoddy backgrounds and two dimensional trees are inexcusable in 2015.

Sims 4 has a great CAS system. That's it's best feature in my opinion.

Sim movement is also smoother in Sims 4. I like the facial animations.
Back to top Go down
Susinok

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 pm

I have been thinking of re-installing Sims3 on my faster laptop. I would leave out a few choice expansions to keep the loading fast. Now deciding WHICH expansions to install, that's another story...

Been playing Sims4 off and on, mostly.
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Susinok
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:27 am

I have not reinstalled anything yet, but am so tempted. I was building last night again, and was soooooooooo frustrated by the lack of CASt. And there is so much else I miss.
Back to top Go down
TheDallas

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:17 am

Completely converted over to Sims 4 and can't go back now. There are loading screens between switching neighborhoods, but I will sacrifice open worlds to travel relatively quickly from world to world without being able to cook a whole meal in between switching like I did in 3.

Beyond toddlers and the such, I think people forget how little was in the Sims 3 the first year it was released. It took awhile to get all of the content that people say they enjoy about the game. But also, my Sims 3 worlds were always lacking in townies, and I like the busy-ness of 4. I mean, the culling thing is a problem, but I'm sure they will find a solution. I love how the Sims you pass by stop and have conversations with one another, get into fights, and oh the emotions! Love that additional gameplay.

I do think they lost something with CASt, but I see so much potential in 4 and its beauty. Hopefully, when they release more content and patches, it will convert over the lovely Simmers who are dedicated fans. :-)
Back to top Go down
clayworld

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:44 pm

I don't think that I'll ever connect with Sims 4 the way I did with all the other games. Once the prices drop to half price, I'll buy some of the EPs and SPs, maybe I'll be able to do more than make sims. I do love the CAS system.
Back to top Go down
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:30 pm

I finally got TS3 to play with everything but the Katy Perry stuff pack, Sweet Treats. May have to write that one off. It installs buy stays greyed out but I haven't checked if anything is in the game from it as yet. Can live without it as I also could so without some of the other packs but there was fun stuff.
4 is still different and interesting for me to play it and have things to do and try with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Friday

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Interesting Convo. I was just wondering how Sims 4 people were liking the game after having it for almost a year. I'm still here in Sims 3 land. I wasn't sure about getting 4 because I love the open neighborhoods and CAST so much. Whenever I build, a huge part of it for me, is decorating. And I love how creative you could get just by using Moo and the CASt tool... But Sims 4 does have the new CAS.
I didn't buy it the first year because of that and the fact that I was so devastated when I went from 2 to 3. Not because of the game play which was great, but because of the fact that you were reduced to one basic game. No Mods, no CC, No Ep's. I remember waiting eagerly for every new Hair to come out of TSR and MTS because I hated the game's so much. LOL
Anyway, I'm gonna piggyback on this topic and ask some of my own followup questions if that's alright. I read the feedback on the gameplay but what about the creative part?
I know people say building isn't as good, but is it not worth doing?
And I also know the CAS is great. I tried the demo. Love it! But how about CC? Are there a lot of Hair, Makeup,skins clothing etc available now? Despite the variety they still have that hair..which I hate. I could get tired of the same clothing especially since I can't texture and recolor in game. Plus I like to do celeb Sims and the CC does help with that a lot.
What about creating in general. I'm thinking without the CASt it should be simpler. More like Sims 2. is it? I only created objects a little for Sims 3 because I got fed up with the extra work. It was so much easier in 2. TSRW never worked right for me and I'd wind up frustrated working with Smpe and Object Cloner.
So anybody that does create. How is that part of it?
For those contemplating going back to Sims 4, is it mainly the gameplay? I was thinking of using Sims 3 for play and Sims 4 for creating.
Any opinions?
Back to top Go down
http://nooboosblog.wordpress.com/
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:42 am

I absolutely loved 3 but have not played it since 4 came out. And now I cannot unless I totally reinstall it. And TBH I probably have forgotten a lot. I still have a love/hate relationship with 4. I really like the graphics and lighting. The sims are so much more alive. And I love that the lots are so filled with sims and busy. The one time I did fire up 3 after I had 4 was to test a world I did a bit and then remembered all the beautiful lots, that were always empty.

I miss so much about 3, but so far not enough to go through the nightmare of reinstalling it. A lot of what is done in 4 was done well, but there is so much missing as we know. But overall, I do enjoy it. I am so used to 4 now that when I look at pics from 3 sometimes they look odd to me as I am now used to something else.
Back to top Go down
Friday

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:22 pm

daisylee wrote:
I absolutely loved 3 but have not played it since 4 came out. And now I cannot unless I totally reinstall it. And TBH I probably have forgotten a lot. I still have a love/hate relationship with 4. I really like the graphics and lighting. The sims are so much more alive. And I love that the lots are so filled with sims and busy. The one time I did fire up 3 after I had 4 was to test a world I did a bit and then remembered all the beautiful lots, that were always empty.

I miss so much about 3, but so far not enough to go through the nightmare of reinstalling it. A lot of what is done in 4 was done well, but there is so much missing as we know. But overall, I do enjoy it. I am so used to 4 now that when I look at pics from 3 sometimes they look odd to me as I am now used to something else.

Yeah that it the one thing that bugs me about Sims 3. I make my community lots into "Big Parks so more people will come. LOL
Back to top Go down
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:16 pm

I was building a lot last night and was so irritated by the wrong colors, lack of choices for furniture and décor, and almost all of the ceiling lights are way too big, etc. I am reinstalling Sims 3. I want to at least look at it again and see if I want to totally reinstall it or not. There still is way too much that I miss. And I really miss CAW. I may get irritated again with the rolled up eyes, awkward walks, and empty lots, but I want to at least look at it again so I can compare them. And I would not mind replaying the tombs as thought that was fun.

It will be a huge project if I totally reinstall. I am sure I have forgotten most so may be asking a lot of questions if I do. I am a use it or lose it person. It will be very interesting to look at it now and see what I think.

Maybe I will try to do one LOL perfect world that includes everything I want in one place. Or redo one I have. I miss the worlds I had.
Back to top Go down
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:29 pm

I'd like to finish playing the tombs and some other things also. But I'm having trouble with 3. Tried playing TS3 through Origin ( downloaded ) and the graphics were terrible. Tried to bring up the TS3 game today through the launcher and it got stuck loading the save I picked. Will try again but don't want a hassle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:38 pm

I just installed the base game and am now on the first of a zillion patches I am sure. This will be a LONG process if I do it. I was looking at my stuff and so far cannot find things like the resource file I will need for CC and my terrain paints for CAW, etc. I need to check my external hard drive for things.

Sims 3 played well before with having all except K Perry. I may look at it and it may look odd now and I will not even want to reinstall all. It will be very interesting. But I want CASt again and seasons and all the things I miss.

I hope you can get yours to run well, Gram. Smile

I am also curious to see what CC and worlds are being done now for it.
Back to top Go down
Volvenom

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:39 am

I'm building in both 3 and 4, but I have the feeling my audience for 4 is dwindling by the minute. On mts the 4 forum is below 50 almost every day now, while 3 is more than double.

I also much prefer to make houses for 3.

daisylee wrote:
I am also curious to see what CC and worlds are being done now for it.

jje is finishing up Sao Paten with the help of others to decorate the lots. I have a house I'm working on at the moment. I hope I get to finish it before I have to go back to the hospital for the last grueling step in my treatment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Volvenom http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/
Friday

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Gramcrackers wrote:
I'd like to finish playing the tombs and some other things also.  But I'm having trouble with 3.  Tried playing TS3 through Origin ( downloaded ) and the graphics were terrible.  Tried to bring up the TS3 game today through the launcher and it got stuck loading the save I picked. Will try again but don't want a hassle.

I have never used it myself but I have heard of Save Cleaner. http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1532/
It was suggested to me when I was having trouble loading my save game, but I got it to load anyway so I never tried it.
There's supposedly duplicate files in the game from traveling and the file could get bloated if you travel a lot. This is supposed to clean that stuff out so that it has an easier time loading and running.
I heard it was good but some people had lost some of their personal paintings and stuff like that. But if you want to try I would backup your original save file.

Back to top Go down
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:43 pm

I am slowly reinstalling 3 and am a bit excited about it. I will have to relearn all but it is like having a lot of new toys. I even think I want to start a new world. I hope EA continues to support 3 for a long time as it seems a lot of folks are playing it instead of 4 or playing both.

Volvenom, I hope your treatment goes well.

What I am finding amazing is how much EA stored.  All of 3 was gone on this computer and yet when I look at the docs now it looks like before with all the same items in the folders. Interesting, but in a way scary as how invasive so many sites and programs are.
Back to top Go down
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:50 am

I have been going through Sims stuff, especially 3, and sorting, relearning, etc. I really am having fun. It is so nice to have all the things I have missed. Found a save of my family, with 2 toddlers now, and they are darn cute. I am having a few of the build quirks but overall I can build so much more easily in 3 and love all we can do with lots in and over water, on hills, etc. I am in a total redo I did of Moonlight Falls in CAW and it is huge. I have a working lighthouse and ports and boats, etc.

I placed some new lots in the water and am able to the pier one I have kept and also have the ship diner on one. Sent my sim and she boated right over to them. Fun! Also, as this is a new save/town after a reinstall my tombs should all be reset and I can do them again. I always liked that. And I can build, build, build.

My family house is a WIP as they brought all their stuff from Italy and it does not match at all. This is supposed to be a New England coastal town. And of course the ice cream truck found them right away! LOL
Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:13 am

I am so glad your having fun! I do hope you are planning on sharing some creations and screenshots with us Cool

hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 am

Shall do as I get more done. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?   

Back to top Go down

Are Any of You Playing 3 and 4 now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next