HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Get to Work Sharing Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mamajanaynay
Member
avatar

Posts : 1101
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 52
Location : God's country

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:19 pm

TheDallas wrote:
Mamajanaynay wrote:
So instead I had my gal take a day off from the store and mingle about the town and she happened to snag a young unsus...um I mean a nice young man. They hit it off immediately, and he has moved in. He's gone to work with her and the sales with just her and her live in boyfriend have gone through the roof! But it is still very easy to loose track of time when your working customers and trying to hone in that sale. My perk points the last time I checked were above 400 I think. I should look into using up some of them on things that will benefit my little boutique.

Yes, I definitely think having other Sims in your HH that you can control would make running the store a lot easier.
And in my opinion, the best perks to get with your points is the Faster Checkouts and Restock ones. I'm working on getting more points to procure the Serious Shopper reward now that I have gotten the others.

Thanks for that tip Dallas! I haven't really looked at the perk points, just glanced at them quickly, those two are a definite first to get!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay http://mamajanaynay.wordpress.com
lionpaws
Member
avatar

Posts : 1598
Join date : 2012-03-02
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 am

I'm following Pinstar's Immigrant Challenge videos. He uses the confident mood to trigger the "close deal" action, which seems very powerful.
Try to place something with the emotional confident aura in your shop. Pinstar used a painting.

I will first do the other careers, before I go into shop keeping.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/lionpaws/mystudio
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:09 am

lionpaws wrote:
I'm following Pinstar's Immigrant Challenge videos. He uses the confident mood to trigger the "close deal" action, which seems very powerful.
Try to place something with the emotional confident aura in your shop. Pinstar used a painting.

I love Pinstar! Great Let's Plays! Yes, confidence helps a lot with the interactions while selling. The "Close Deal" option is wonderful! You can use it once every four hours, and it is suggested to only use it when the customer is interested in buying and not when they are just window shopping. It will lower their willingness to purchase if a simmer tries it out too soon. Smile

The expansion pack has so much to offer, in my opinion. I want to play with all of the careers AND have a shop AND visit Sixam AND have alien babies. DO ALL THE THINGS. pc


======
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay
Member
avatar

Posts : 1101
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 52
Location : God's country

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:27 am

TheDallas wrote:
lionpaws wrote:
I'm following Pinstar's Immigrant Challenge videos. He uses the confident mood to trigger the "close deal" action, which seems very powerful.
Try to place something with the emotional confident aura in your shop. Pinstar used a painting.

I love Pinstar! Great Let's Plays! Yes, confidence helps a lot with the interactions while selling. The "Close Deal" option is wonderful! You can use it once every four hours, and it is suggested to only use it when the customer is interested in buying and not when they are just window shopping. It will lower their willingness to purchase if a simmer tries it out too soon. Smile

The expansion pack has so much to offer, in my opinion. I want to play with all of the careers AND have a shop AND visit Sixam AND have alien babies. DO ALL THE THINGS. pc


======

@lionpaws thanks for that tip, I will be popping that picture all over in my shop. Laughing

@TheDallas yes I am in total agreement with you, I absolutely love this EP, I find I don't get bored playing the game anymore, the team did an excellent job with it and made a very good brilliant decision for this one to be their first EP to release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay http://mamajanaynay.wordpress.com
lionpaws
Member
avatar

Posts : 1598
Join date : 2012-03-02
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 am

@ Dallas:
Thanks for the info about the 'close deal' interaction.
I'll keep that in mind for when I start my shop.

I know what you mean about the many options of this EP. I want to do all of it too.

doctor career check
alien baby check
police career check

scientist career - next

visit Sixam - I hope with my scientist sim

own a shop - plan to do the immigrant challenge (Pinstar)

and then there are the photography skill and baking!


@Mamaj:
you're welcome. There are so many players that have good info, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/lionpaws/mystudio
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am

Oh gosh, I keep forgetting about the Photography skill! That's another shop that I want to have - an art studio! Got to add that to my list too! Big Grin

My shop is currently a bakery, so I'm having a lot of fun with the Baking skill. You have to be a serious gardener as well because so many of the recipes requires fresh herbs and veggies. And the cupcake machine is just hilariously fun to use! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mamajanaynay
Member
avatar

Posts : 1101
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 52
Location : God's country

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Yesterday I popped in on my gal who is in the Doctor career, to my surprise not only did she get promoted to R.N. (level 6) but the very next day she got promoted again to Doctor - General Practioner (level 7) ! cheers Celebrate cheers (anyone else notice they spelt Practitioner wrong? giggle )


Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Mamajanaynay http://mamajanaynay.wordpress.com
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Mamajanaynay wrote:
Yesterday I popped in on my gal who is in the Doctor career, to my surprise not only did she get promoted to R.N. (level 6) but the very next day she got promoted again to Doctor - General Practioner (level 7) ! cheers Celebrate cheers (anyone else notice they spelt Practitioner wrong?  giggle )

Woohoo!! Congrats! I'm working on getting the Doctor- General Practitoner promotion next as well. Nice job! Cool
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin
avatar

Posts : 14016
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 64
Location : #EQCreations

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Congrats on your promotion!
Wonder what a Practioner does?
hmm

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Households by EQCreations & Spaces by EQCreations
Rosebud Challenge & Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge & Rosebud In The City
ChallengeMashUp
Eco Existence Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
The Sims Creators' Consortium
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
Volvenom
Member


Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-10-09
Location : Somewhere I made

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 am

Perhaps I should say something about what I have been doing lately. I have 4 unpublished houses at the moment. I have developed a farm hub with almost all plants. At least it's all the one's I care for. I didn't much care for the flesheating plant and all the work I had to do on getting that.



It's a bit worrying at the moment considering my last big project corrupted on me and a nice project was gone. All the houses I haven't published yet is connected to the same hub. It's 2 residential and 2 farm and bakery retail.

It took me a while, but I have now 30k income and the bills are at 16k, leaving me a post tax profit of 15312 on the 1 big estate on Oakenstead, and My family also run a tiny desert bonsai shop retail lot in Oasis Springs at the moment. I run a family of 7 included one little kid, and the wife is now pregnant. The teens don't go to school because frankly the farm is far more useful to the family income and their learning. The kid goes to school because azoresman's no grade school download collided with his own high school mod in the same download. It was a bit messy the hole download, but I finally made it work lol. The little one can't do much on the farm anyway.



... and finally I must say I appreciate the ability do upload pictures just for this site. I like to keep things in order. The hole story developes on my blog, but frankly it's a lot to keep track of. This is my second family and all. I have to kick these houses out before they grow out of the space I have in my head giggle

I'm again trying to test out ClaudiaSharon's cslargerhousehold_16. I just never get there. I might not even do this time. Link to my blog below.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Volvenom http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:41 am

Volvenom wrote:
Perhaps I should say something about what I have been doing lately. I have 4 unpublished houses at the moment. I have developed a farm hub with almost all plants. At least it's all the one's I care for. I didn't much care for the flesheating plant and all the work I had to do on getting that.

I absolutely LOVE the way your garden looks! And to help with bills, I would definitely look into getting the Frugal trait from the Reward store. The more Sims that purchase it, the less the bills will be. Smile
Back to top Go down
Volvenom
Member


Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-10-09
Location : Somewhere I made

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:51 pm

TheDallas wrote:
Volvenom wrote:
Perhaps I should say something about what I have been doing lately. I have 4 unpublished houses at the moment. I have developed a farm hub with almost all plants. At least it's all the one's I care for. I didn't much care for the flesheating plant and all the work I had to do on getting that.

I absolutely LOVE the way your garden looks! And to help with bills, I would definitely look into getting the Frugal trait from the Reward store. The more Sims that purchase it, the less the bills will be. Smile

Yes, but that only affects the store doesn't it, not the home residential lot?

Download of the hub is now available here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=554162
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Volvenom http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:54 pm

TheDallas wrote:
Volvenom wrote:


I absolutely LOVE the way your garden looks! And to help with bills, I would definitely look into getting the Frugal trait from the Reward store. The more Sims that purchase it, the less the bills will be. Smile

Yes, but that only affects the store doesn't it, not the home residential lot?

The Frugal Reward trait reduces bills at the Home Residential lot. Bills do not accumulate for Retail lots.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Volvenom
Member


Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-10-09
Location : Somewhere I made

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:19 pm

TheDallas wrote:
TheDallas wrote:
Volvenom wrote:


I absolutely LOVE the way your garden looks! And to help with bills, I would definitely look into getting the Frugal trait from the Reward store. The more Sims that purchase it, the less the bills will be. Smile

Yes, but that only affects the store doesn't it, not the home residential lot?

The Frugal Reward trait reduces bills at the Home Residential lot. Bills do not accumulate for Retail lots.  Smile

Thank you, great information. I didn't think there was any bills for retail lots either, because the Oakenstead lot cost the same as it did with my previous farming experiment, and it was far cheaper. It was for the Rosebud challenge, and I succeeded in that too. Finance is obviously my thing Cool

Now it's time for Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Volvenom http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/
Gramcrackers
Member
avatar

Posts : 4608
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 73
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Fri May 01, 2015 1:06 pm

What a pretty lot! Sounds like quite a challenge to play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Volvenom
Member


Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-10-09
Location : Somewhere I made

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat May 02, 2015 5:43 am

Gramcrackers wrote:
What a pretty lot!   Sounds like quite a challenge to play.

Well you know I'm not really a player. I guess if playing each character is what gives you fun, this might not be for you. It's more the ambitious farmers out there that might find this fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Volvenom http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat May 02, 2015 8:55 am

 photo 04-11-15_3-17nbspPM.png

This is my founder's husband, Michael, who is ambitiously trying to climb the Doctor's career ladder. He's been a favorite of the aliens. He's been abducted a couple of times and became pregnant once. Now, on his Elder birthday, he gets awoken by a weird light, gets abducted again, and comes back home angry. I send him to the kitchen to blow out his candles and age up into an elderly statesman, and then this happens.

 photo male preggers.png

So... Alien Pregnancy #2 is underway. (A Sim can't age up when he/she is pregnant.) Poor Michael. And on his birthday no less!


==========
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin
avatar

Posts : 14016
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 64
Location : #EQCreations

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat May 02, 2015 9:04 am

Happy Birthday? What an interesting 'gift'.
Whistle

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Households by EQCreations & Spaces by EQCreations
Rosebud Challenge & Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge & Rosebud In The City
ChallengeMashUp
Eco Existence Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
The Sims Creators' Consortium
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 am

EuphorialQueen wrote:
Happy Birthday?  What an interesting 'gift'.  
Whistle

Hahaha! I am sure he will be thrilled! Laughing No


========
Back to top Go down
lionpaws
Member
avatar

Posts : 1598
Join date : 2012-03-02
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Sat May 02, 2015 4:24 pm

giggle
The poor man! I wish him lots of courage for parenting a kid when elder, especially a teen when much elder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/lionpaws/mystudio
Gramcrackers
Member
avatar

Posts : 4608
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 73
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 am

lionpaws wrote:
giggle
The poor man! I wish him lots of courage for parenting a kid when elder, especially a teen when much elder.
Me too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Volvenom
Member


Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-10-09
Location : Somewhere I made

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Mon May 04, 2015 12:15 pm

I hate those aliens Mad green, turqoise or whatever, scares the s*** out of me, what to do about those ugly kids Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Volvenom http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/
TheDallas
Member


Posts : 150
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Mon May 04, 2015 12:19 pm

If your male Sim has an alien baby, after they are born, you can click on the baby and select "Send to Home World." That's what I did to Michael's first abduction pregnancy and what I will do to this one as well most likely.

Also, you can put them into a human disguise as well.


=========
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin
avatar

Posts : 14016
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 64
Location : #EQCreations

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Mon May 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Volvenom wrote:
I hate those aliens Mad green, turqoise or whatever, scares the s*** out of me, what to do about those ugly kids Crying or Very sad
Awwwww There is the option to Return to Homeworld or have them in disguise if they are part of your household. I appreciate your opinion and have seen requests to be able to turn off Aliens. Not sure how that works.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Households by EQCreations & Spaces by EQCreations
Rosebud Challenge & Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge & Rosebud In The City
ChallengeMashUp
Eco Existence Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
The Sims Creators' Consortium
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin
avatar

Posts : 14016
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 64
Location : #EQCreations

PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Ninja Ninja Answered by @The Dallas Ninja

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Households by EQCreations & Spaces by EQCreations
Rosebud Challenge & Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge & Rosebud In The City
ChallengeMashUp
Eco Existence Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
The Sims Creators' Consortium
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Get to Work Sharing Thread    

Back to top Go down
 
Get to Work Sharing Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Sharing Thread
» The Face Station | A General Photo Sharing Thread
» Best Fight Thread!
» Funny Fights Thread!
» NECA Toy Fair 2011 reveal thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sims Creators' Consortium :: Sims 4 :: Sims 4 Discussion :: Sims 4 News - Discussion - Chatter-
Jump to: