For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Challenging: The Sims 4 in One Word - EQ's Opinion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Challenging: The Sims 4 in One Word - EQ's Opinion   Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:54 am

Challenging - That is the one best word to summarize The Sims 4 game. It is a whole new game based on The Sims series. There are Sims that we can control and perform interactions. There are residential and community lots where our Sims live and visit. Sims and lots can be created and customized (for the most part) by the user/player within limits.
The world at present consists of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs which are divided into smaller parts where Sims can live and/or play. They can go pretty much anywhere within their 'bubble' with no loading screens as long as it is their home lot, the sidewalks or the streets in that area. Once you step foot onto a lot (residential or commercial) there will be a loading screen. Travel to other what sub communities or to the other neighborhood/world also require loading screens. This is a bit misleading from the official presentations. Either it was a falsehood /misstatement or they just did not know how to explain how it works.
The challenges come in many forms. I have accepted the limits of character creation (Create-A-Sim/CAS) and moved on to gameplay. Be prepared when you first open the game to be walked thru the steps of creating a new Sim. This could be helpful or just plain annoying. I was annoyed because I just wanted to get into game. Art Holden was born as my first in game created Sim. Since this was a new game the folders were not created until the game runs the first time. My Gallery Sims from the Demo were safe in my other folder though.
I digress - mind wondered off - sorry. Art was pretty much random but once completed I moved him into a prebuilt home in Willow Creek.
Meeting Sims was not too hard because each area has Sims aplenty walking by all the time. No more totally empty streets/neighborhoods/venues. Needs are not always easily met as Sims seem to get uncomfortable or embarrassed or something very easily. And they always seem to want to eat, sleep, bathe and *gasp* socialize!
As far as jobs are concerned I am still experimenting. You can either click on the phone icon (by their picture on the UI) or on the Career button (UI) bottom right corner.
The Sims community that was clambering for No Rabbithole jobs got what they wanted. There are no Rabbithole jobs. The Sim just disappears off lot and comes back at end of shift. Promotions are earned by performing tasks off the clock with the occasional job related opportunity.
What do I like? It loads super fast at start. Saving only takes a surprisingly short time. Auto-Save is my friend. There are Sims everywhere so easier to meet and interact with other Sims.
What I like or can live with: CAS Limitations. Short load screen. Plop-N-Drop Rooms/Builds. Mini-Goals for careers for promotions.
I am adapting a whole new way to play Sims. I now have four household of mine in the same save. I like that I can play each for several days and switch to one of the other households without consequence. No dreams/aspirations/wishes are lost. I am not quite ready to formulate a cohesive story but plan to at least do a gameplay thread soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Challenging: The Sims 4 in One Word - EQ's Opinion   Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:02 am

And it is much more challenging to build relationships. That is a plus and minus feature.
I pulled one of my CAS Demo Sims back into CAS to add her parents and a son. The relationships of her Son to her were fine. Her Mother and Father showed as her parents and her Son's Grandparents. BUT I forgot to make the Grandparents husband and wife. silent Embarassed
I did not figure this out until I played the parents a bit. It takes quite a bit of work to build the Romantic relationship. They finally had a charming Private Ceremony and are now married.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/

Challenging: The Sims 4 in One Word - EQ's Opinion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1