For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:34 am

Dreamer of Dreams by EQ was a story I started when the Generations EP was released. It was posted at the original TS3CC forum and on Wordpress.
The save was lost and the story incomplete. A recent comment on Wordpress has inspired me to repost here.
Dreamer of Dreams by EQ Intro
Melody Dreamer was living a happy little hum drum life doing all her hum drum things when fate dealt her a strange hand. She was an only child born late in life to her now deceased parents. Her father Frank Dreamer died when plowing on the small family farm. He really was getting too old to handle that ancient tractor. A sudden lurch when the tractor tire dropped into an unseen hole set it off balance toppling Frank to the ground with the tractor crashing down on top of him. It was several hours later when her mother Elsie became worried because he was missing supper. She called up a neighbor to go check on him but by then it was too late. Frank had died at the hand of the land he had loved for so long. Elsie succumbed several months later mostly from grief over her beloved husband. They had grown up on neighboring farms and it only seemed natural they married to work their farm together. The two farms had been worked as a joint effort and had become quite prosperous covering many acres. Over the years the land dwindled away as it had to be sold away bit by bit. Droughts, bad crops, poor harvests and other manners of bad luck became more frequent. Her parents wanted only the best for Melody so she was sent away to school. Little did she know it was precious bits of the farm that were sold to give her a good education. She was away at school when her father died and came home to help her mother with the arrangements and to try to settle the family debt. Just before her mother passed she called her to her bedside. She had something to give Melody. It was an old worn book with tattered and dog-eared pages. She had seen the book only a few times before but had never really known what was in it.

Her mother explained it was a family ledger passed down at the marriage of the next heir. Melody had not yet given thought of marriage but as her mother neared death she had taken on this gift as the only child and heir to the Dreamer family. After the funeral she sat at the old wooden table in the farmhouse kitchen. She thought of the book again and went to get it. There were many entries in the book going back decades. Most of the writing was faded and some was illegible. Some pages had etchings of people she had never seen. She assumed these were family members from long ago. There were also etchings of buildings. Some were crude sketches but others were very beautiful. As she thumbed thru the pages some loose pages fell out. Actually it was a letter written in an elegant hand on faded ivory colored parchment. She recognized the penmanship of her mother. The date at the top was a few months after her birth. “Dearest Melody Ann” … it began “Your father and I have waited so long for the day of your birth. You are worth every minute it took for your arrival. You are the most precious and beautiful gift anyone could ever receive. I promise to always provide you with the best things in life and …” the letter went on for several pages but Melody could no longer see the words thru her tears. She got up to wash her face and dry her eyes. As she scanned thru the letter she noticed the last page was different from the rest. She went back to read the page before it. The last part of the letter was directions and a map. The last page was a deed to some land in another town. When she was born her parents had arranged for a small parcel of land to be hers. The last of the family farm and furnishing had to be sold at auction to cover the funeral and pay off the last of the debt. There was roughly $16,000.00 left to cover transportation to her new future home. Melody drew a heavy sigh and went off to bed to sleep in her family home for the last time.

Last edited by EuphorialQueen on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter One: Moving on to a new start   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 am

Chapter One: Moving on to a new start.
It was a restless night … hard to sleep with all the thoughts of what was to come. Finally Melody gave up and decided she might as well get her day started. She sat on the edge of the bed for a bit just staring down at the old worn wood floor. With a heavy sigh she stood up and went to the wash room for a quick shower and to brush her teeth. The mirror began to fog up … not from the shower steam but from the glaze of tears that welled up in her eyes. She splashed some water on her face and tried to clear her thoughts. After getting dressed she decided to take a walk around the farm. Life on the farm was hard work but her loving parents had tried to only show Melody the good side. As she walked thru the barn she remembered her father feeding milking the cows. Some stray cats had made their home on the farm and they would gather at milking time. It was always funny when her father would squirt their faces with the fresh warm milk. She walked thru the small garden at the back of the house to the chicken coop. Her mother had raised some prize winning chickens and taught Melody as a young child how to feed them and gather eggs from their nests. All the livestock had been sold now and nothing was left of them but the empty buildings. Today was the day of the farm auction so Melody turned back to the house to greet the Auctioneer and the groups of people who had started to gather to look over the items for sale.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Two: Fresh Beginning   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:36 am

Chapter Two: Fresh Beginning
The trip was a long one and Melody was exhausted when she arrived at the new town. The sounds of the singsong chant of the auctioneer accented by the pound of the gavel and cry of “Sold!” still rang in her ears. That was her history .. her home that was being sold away bit by bit. But it was necessary to cover the family debt. She stepped off the bus that she had taken from the airport with a heavy sigh. She could not face any more ordeals today so she checked in to spend the night at a local Inn. It was another restless night like so many others of late but she needed to muster up the strength to go inspect the property she had inherited. It was not a long right from town but when she arrived she thought there was some mistake. ‘Driver…’ she asked ‘are you sure this is the place?’ ‘Yes miss this would be the address you gave’ he replied. ‘But I thought there was a house here.’ ‘Oh yes Miss… There was a house but it burnt down a few years back.’ Her heart sank as she surveyed the plot. Good thing she had packed her old camping gear and a few minor provisions.

After making a list Melody went to a local Consignment shop just up the street.
They had several interesting items in the shop.
And some .. uh .. interesting people as well.

Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Three: Getting Started   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:38 am

Chapter Three: Getting Started
Her personal items and a few pieces of bric-a-brac were about all Melody had to set up her new home. She bought a secondhand stove and ice box at the consignment shop. A couple of nice young men helped her get them to her house. A dilapidated structure was all that was left of the house but at least there still electricity and running water. Now that she had the basics to survive she needed to find a job. She called over the paper carrier and bought a copy of the local news. Hmmm now what kind of job could she get? There were several listings but the one that caught her eye was at the local Cafe’ working in the kitchen. She had loved helping her mother in the kitchen. Maybe this job would work.
[She rolled a wish to join the Culinary Career].
This place had pretty classy menu. So she decided to try it out before applying for the job.

She decided to sit outside and was enjoying a very well prepared Vegan meal. Then she spotted someone she thought she knew.
Could it be? …. ‘DeAndre? Is that you?…’ the man glanced up from his book. Then he smiled that wide smile she knew so well. ‘Melody?’.. he said with a questioning voice. ‘Melody Ann Dreamer.. I have not seen you since high school.’ Melody had a secret crush on DeAndre Wolf when they were in school together. Even then DeAndre exhibited his musical talents and his velvet baritone voice made many a girl swoon.
The two of them chatted a bit … getting reacquainted. DeAndre had left home to pursue his dream of becoming a musician. He had toured a bit and now had made his home here. He was a lead guitarist and gave live shows at the local theater for charity. Melody’s heart nearly leaped out of her chest when he told her he was single. Then she did something she never would have dared do … she leaned over and kissed him with a shy kiss that barely brushed his lips.
He looked her with a puzzled expression at first then he pulled her into his arms and kissed her back. He offered to give her a ride back home to save a Taxi fare. And .. well …

Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Three: Getting settled Part Two   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:39 am

Chapter Three: Getting settled Part Two
By the time Melody woke up DeAndre had gone. She got up to brush her teeth and get ready for her job interview at the Cafe’. She got the job and learned that her new boss was Mary Baker. Though the work was harder than she had imagined and a lot dirtier it did have its perks.

And it gave her the opportunity to meet lots of interesting people.

She soon learned her boss Mary had two sons. The first she met was Lincoln. He worked at the science facility.
His brother Newton wanted to become a World Renowned Surgeon but had not taken a job yet.
She would see DeAndre around town and they chatted on the phone often. He always seemed to be surrounded by fans and photographers.
It was hard to get close to him these days but one evening after his performance he stopped by the cafe’. He invited her back to his home because he wanted to tell her something.
She was giddy with excitement all the way there. What was it that was so important? Why his home? She offered him a massage because she could feel his tension. She was about to lean in to kiss him when he stopped her. “Wait … that is not why I asked you here.” He said. “That first night was wonderful but I had not planned for it to happen.” Melody stepped back a step to look into his eyes. There was something different … something darker.. but what?
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Four: First Comes Love   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:41 am

Chapter Four: First Comes Love
Melody was a bit confused by the turn of events. Her high school crush stood here before her with something to tell her. They had become very close friends these past few weeks but that first night in the tent was the only time they had been truly intimate. Now here she was face to face with him in him home and ready to belong to him for a life time. Why had he pushed her away when she tried to kiss him?
“Melody you are a beautiful young woman.” he said. “And any man would be proud to have you for his wife.”
“Oh no …” thought Melody not liking the way he said those words. “But I have a secret…” he continued.
“Please do not be frightened and I will show you my secret.”
Melody took a step back as an automatic reflex and a tiny gasp escaped her lips. She was not afraid .. not really but the revelation had taken her by surprise. “How .. why … when did this happen?” she asked. “Remember when I was gone on that short tour right after we met? Well my band mates and I stayed to help clean up. Some strange looking people showed up and offered us a place to clean up and relax after the gig. They must have spiked our drinks or something. When I woke up I had this mark on my neck and now I am a vampire.” DeAndre would not look her in the eyes while he told her his story. Now he looked at her with a meek expression. “DeAndre … I don’t know what to say.” Melody was uncertain how to react to such a story. She had heard rumors that several townspeople had come up missing or had started acting strangely. The Cafe’ had also been getting requests for plasma fruit to be added to the menu. But she never expected this. “Is there a cure?” she asked. DeAndre looked away again .. “I do not know. I heard the scientists at the local lab were working on it but it has not been perfected.” “Oh Melody … just cannot commit to anyone right now. And marriage is out of the question. I would not want to inflict this on anyone else.” Melody was heartbroken to hear those words. She began to sob softly. DeAndre took her in his arms and held her close. “You know I really love you Melody. You are such a sweet person and have become a great friend. I hope we can stay close even though I cannot marry you with this … condition.” “Come on .. it is late and I know you must be tired. You can stay here tonight and leave in the morning.”
They relaxed on the bed and talked way into the night until DeAndre fell asleep. Then Melody got up to go home.
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Four Part Two: First Comes Love   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 am

Chapter Four Part Two: First Comes Love
When Melody left DeAndre’s house after his startling revelation she did not really want to go home. So instead she jogged over to the Gym to work out her frustration and anger at this turn of events. He had been her first crush and although a secret until now her first true love. What was she thinking? That she could just throw herself at his feet and everything was perfect? Hot tears ran down her cheeks as she pumped up the speed on the treadmill to run even faster.
Finally exhausted she took a hot shower and went back home to fall asleep in her tent. Melody was so miserable that her job performance at the Cafe’ was suffering. Mary was always on her case about something. And it seemed she was always given the dirtiest jobs. She was even blamed when things went wrong in the kitchen. It was not her fault the place had to be evacuated when a fire broke out in the kitchen.
But she needed that job … at least until something better came along. The only highlight of her day was when the Baker boys came to visit their mother. Lincoln (the scientist) had become a good friend but had made it quite clear he was not committed to anything but his career. Newton on the other hand was friendly and outgoing. A natural cook like his mother he would occasionally help out at the restaurant. He always found time to hang around after work and would occasionally walk Melody home. She enjoyed their times together and looked forward to seeing him again. They were joking around one night after work and sharing a bit of Key Lime pie on the Cafe’ patio. When they stood up to clear the plates he laid a hand on hers. “Melody you are the best friend I have ever had.” said Newton. And her gave her a big friendly hug. Still in his arms their eyes met and that was the moment they both knew this was more than friendship.
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Five: … Then Comes Marriage … and More   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:44 am

Chapter Five: … Then Comes Marriage … and More
Newton and Melody became quite an item the next few weeks. They were spotted together on several occasions and were quite the romantic couple. Because of her association with DeAndre the press had taken an interest in Melody and showed up in the most unusual places. There seemed to be no escaping them. They were at the gym, the theater and even hiding in the grocery aisles just waiting to catch a shot of Melody and anyone with whom she was associated. They even stalked her at her home and the Cafe’ while she was working.
DeAndre had gone on another charity tour and was not returning her calls. This left her a bit heartbroken but Newton was here and Newton was now. So she poured all her energy into forming a bond with him instead. They had just finished dinner at the Cafe’ and over a divine plate of Angel Food Cake Melody made a decision that would change her life. They went outside under the moonlight after all the other customers had left the Cafe’. Well .. almost all. A lone reporter was lurking round the corner waiting for a juicy picture to post. “Newton… ” she said in a quiet almost shy tone “…I really enjoy your company and have grown to love you with all my heart.” “Would you consider sharing a lifetime together?” She could see an excited sparkle in his eyes. Or was that a tear? A tear of joy she hoped.
He was stunned for a moment but then happily said ‘Yes!” as he almost knocked her over when he embraced her. The courtship was short… still no sign of DeAndre. But now she was committed to Newton. The two of them worked on getting a house built on her land. It was small and humble but much better than that tent and the ancient plumbing and salvaged appliances. They were married in a quiet ceremony with Lincoln as Best man and Mary her soon to be Mother-In-Law in attendance.
The beginnings of a real home.

The Proposal

Exchanging Rings
The two are joined ….
…. to become One.
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Six: Pitter Patter   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 am

Chapter Six: Pitter Patter
It was several months since the wedding and Newton had gotten a job at the hospital and started training to become a doctor. The days were long and the nights were longer. He had to start at an entry level doing bedpan duty and practicing his bedside manner. He told Melody that his job required him to get to know his co-workers and a few well-known people around town to advance in his career. Melody spent more time at the Cafe’ than before to work extra hours to help pay for Newton’s schooling.
(*Newton’s traits:Natural Cook Perceptive Mooch and Friendly. Did I hear you ask what is the fifth trait? Wait for it …..)
It was no wonder she was so tired all the time. Then she started feeling ill. Maybe it was the smells from the kitchen … or the fumes from the science lab that sometimes wafted thru the air. Or maybe …. Melody turned pale at the thought… maybe… could it be? She did not want to say anything to Newton until she was sure. Melody made an appointment at a neighborhood clinic to confirm her suspicions. It was early evening when she got the results and she could not wait to share the news.
“May I speak to Newton Baker please?” …. pause … “What do you mean he is not there? He told me he was working late tonight.” … “Okay fine.. thank you.” Melody was certain Newton was supposed to be working late. She called a few of their friends and none seemed to have seen Newton.
Now she was upset that maybe something had happened to him. What else could explain his disappearance? Mary had her scheduled to work til closing … again so she went on in to work. When she got off work Newton was sound asleep and smelled a bit like Nectar. He was so sound asleep and Melody was exhausted so she just cuddled up next to him and fell asleep. When she woke he had already gone to work but he had left a red rose on the pillow for her to find. The rose made her feel better but she was still worried about Newton and excited to share her news. She sent a text to Newton and asked him to meet her at the Cafe’. He met her with another red rose and she could barely contain herself. “You look different …” he said. “Kind of glow….” he stopped mid sentence. Wait … are you ….?” Melody beamed at her husband and nodded yes excitedly with a broad grin on her face.
“Well isn’t that just perfect?” he said throwing his hands in the air. Her grin faded quickly. Not exactly the reaction she expected. (Ready … here it comes… Newtons fifth trait.)
“You know how much I hate it when kids are around. Always making a fuss about something … whining and crying and making messes everywhere they go.”

Now was a fine time to say he hates children! “Melody come back… you know I love you…and I will do my best to be a good father. Maybe having a child of my own … our own will be different.”
Newton was attentive to Melody during the months ahead. He made sure she ate right and got plenty of exercise.
It was late at night when she went into labor. Fortunately Newton had just gotten home. They took a Taxi to hurry back to the hospital just in time for the birth of Frank Newton Dreamer … named after her father and her husband.
Before long Frank was a toddler and took a lot of Melody’s time. Newton did his share … when he was home. But she could tell he was not happy about it.
Toddler time!
[img][/img]
Frank’s favorite toy was an old teddy that had belonged to Newton.
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Seven: Trouble in Dream(er) Land   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 am

Chapter Seven: Trouble in Dream(er) Land
Newton did help teach Frank to walk and talk and learn his letters. But sometimes Melody wondered what exactly he was teaching him.
Even though he tried to hide it the strain of having a child underfoot all the time was too much for Newton at times. Obviously Pediatrics was NOT going to be his specialty.
Melody was starting to feel her age as she realized she was not going to be a spring chicken for much longer. She was going to have one of THOSE birthdays soon. UGH! She hated the thought of growing older. The house still only had the bare essentials and her career at the Cafe’ was not advancing as fast as she would have liked. Her patience was wearing thin with the whole situation of supporting Newton and helping him through school. He was still gone a lot more than she thought he should have been. Where was he going any way? She was not sure she really wanted to know. Playing with Frank was the highlight of her days. That and a small garden that she started to help make ends meet. She was still afraid of the dark (Coward trait) so mostly stayed indoors at night. A few nights she thought she heard something rustling outside the window. She ran thru the house making sure all the doors and windows were locked. Peeking thru a curtain she could see Doug the reporter who seemed to like haunting her. UGH! She hated being tracked and her every move recorded.
Well her Big day came with only a limited amount of fanfare. It was her birthday. (YA to Adult)
It had been a Horrible day. She had been locked in the walk-in freezer when a co-worker had ‘accidentally’ closed the door. One of the cooks had spilled garlic sauce all over her and some of the customers had sent food back complaining it was overcooked or undercooked or something. Melody was hot, exhausted and reeked of garlic. And to top it off her boss /Mother-In-Law Mary had left early … again. Rumor around town was that Mary (a single mother) had a new flame she was seeing now. Melody did not know or care who. She was just upset that the restaurant was not being properly run.
Having had enough Melody marched right back into the Cafe’ and threw her garlic soaked apron on the desk in Mary’s office. She hastily scrawled a note and left it on top of the apron. “I Quit!!!” was what she wrote.
She did not tell Newton that she Quit. She just went home and paid the babysitter and after playing peek-a-boo and ‘The Claw’ with Frank she tucked him in bed took a long hot bubble bath and went to bed. The next morning she got a call from Mary begging her to come back to work. But she stayed strong in her resolve to leave that job for good. She would find some way to make money. She hired a sitter and went to pick up her last check. On the way home she decided a make over was in order. Stopping by the salon she got her hair styled and tried on some outfits. Maybe it was the Mid-Life Crisis talking but she wanted to look younger.
“Ugh … I feel so .. fat.” she said to no one in particular.
She had just paid for her purchases and changed into her new everyday outfit and was primping in the mirror when she caught the reflection of Newton in the mirror. His face was red and he marched towards her with clenched fists.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” He hissed at her thru clenched teeth. “I have to hear from my Mother that you quit? Why couldn’t we have talked about this? You know money is tight. How could you do this to me?”
Melody stepped back … she had seen him upset before but never this angry.
Then he said those terrible words. “I want a Divorce.”
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Eight: Dare to Dream Again   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:52 am

Chapter Eight: Dare to Dream Again
It looked like Melody was going to be a single Mother raising Frank on her own. Newton was no longer her husband but his Mother insisted he had to stay there to support her Grandchild.
Little Frank was only a toddler but he clung tightly to his mother as if to comfort her. He could hear his parents arguing in the next room at times and this frightened him a bit.
Melody continued her aerobic exercises and took Frank along with her in his stroller when she would go jogging.
(Still searching for that Perfect Body)
The City had a new park under construction and they would jog past it checking out the progress. She and Frank would also visit the local library and they read books together for hours.
Melody had not totally given up on Newton … yet. And tried to make amends but the local gossip paper had spread the rumor she was a cheater. They even published a couple of pictures of her with DeAndre that were taken before her marriage to Newton.
She had ordered a Chemistry set for Newton’s birthday before their divorce. She had known this was something he had wanted for a while. She was testing it out and made a horrible mess of things. Nothing that could not be repaired but still…
She tried to tell Newton she was sorry for messing with his things.
He let her know in no uncertain terms he was having none of it and stormed out of the house. The reporters had been stalking Newton as well and the scandal of their divorce was all over town. He still got invited to parties and when he was not working was gone elsewhere.
(Gossip Mongers)
Hmmm … wonder if this one has her sites set on Newton?
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Nine: Can Dreams Come True?   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 am

Chapter Nine: Can Dreams Come True?
Melody thumbed thru the pictures in the album looking for clues. Where had she gone wrong? Did she marry Newton because she loved him? Or because she just did not want to end up alone? The first couple of years seemed okay. They laughed and talked into the night. They went to the movies and sat way in the back so they could cuddle in the dark.
Games at the stadium and picnics in the park. Everything seemed to be going well until … No she would not let herself think it. The day she told him they were expecting was when things started to go sour. But Frank was such a sweet child. Only crying when he was hungry or needed changing. Melody had not gotten another job just so she could dedicate her time to Frank. She sold some of the produce from her meager garden to help make ends meet. Newton’s mother sent them money from time to time. She even loaned them money to fix up the house a bit. Bless Mary’s heart… she had been a hard person to work with but was trying her best to help Frank with what was needed to grow up in a clean safe home. As she turned the page she heard the from door open and the sound of Newton throwing his keys on the table. ‘Where have you been?’ She asked quietly trying to control the tremor in her voice. ‘Why do you care?’ …he asked in a harsh slurred tone. As he grew closer she could smell the sickening aroma of too much nectar. Fortunately she had arranged for a friend to take Frank for the night. At least he would not be frightened by their arguments. Newton stumbled across the room and lunged toward the bed where Melody sat with the album in her lap. ‘What do you need that ol’ thing for? It is just full of lies’. ‘They were not lies …’ she retorted …”I really did love you… and I thought you loved me.’
“Pffft ..” he said with a snort. ‘then why did you have to ruin it and go and have a kid?’ He was drunk on Nectar and she knew it but the words still stung. It was at that point that he fell across the bed and passed out. Melody was so shocked and so hurt she did not want to stay in that house… not tonight. In spite of her fear of the dark she took off running .. and running …
She did not know where she was running … but she ended up in front of DeAndre’e house.
It was late but she hoped he would answer the door. When he did she fell into his arms and sobbed on his shoulder. She was not sure what she was saying just how unhappy she was and how much she loved Frank and how Newton had turned cold and did not seem to care about them any more. DeAndre just held he tight in his arms and let her have her say.
‘You cannot go back there tonight .. not with him in that state. And you say Frank is safe at your friends for the night? Then you need to stay here for tonight’ .. his even tone was calm and reassuring. Melody stepped back and nodded in agreement.
He took her by the hand and said ‘Come on .. I will show you to the guest room.’ Melody started to follow but stopped. ‘I just cannot spend another night is an empty bed. Can I … sleep in your room?’
Their eyes met and he pulled her close… ‘of course’ he whispered.
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Ten: Moving On   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:55 am

Chapter Ten: Moving On
In the weeks that followed Melody and DeAndre remained the closest of friends. Knowing the press would have a field day if they found out about their relationship they kept their meetings quiet. Newton was spending time at his Mother’s house but still found his way back to Melody’s to Mooch food or to sleep in the tent in the back yard.
His job was not going so well. He was going to to many parties trying to recapture his youth. That meant to many late nights and sometimes sneaking off to a supply closet to sleep when he was supposed to be working. Melody could see he was getting more and more restless and it made her uncomfortable.
“Melody … it’s just awful. I am going out of my mind with worry. My boss is mad at me. My co-workers avoid me. I cannot concentrate on my job. And the patients… the patients are so … demanding. My boss even made me work the pediatric ward… PEDIATRICS… you know how much I hated that? All those whiny kids!”

“Well what do you expect me to do about it? I was all for supporting you when we got married. I was willing to make sacrifices to help you follow your dreams to be a World Renowned Surgeon. It is your fault that all came to an end. You are the one who wanted a divorce.” …she shrugged.
Newton just stared at Melody with the most stupidly incredulous look on his face. The silence was deafening as they stood there glaring at each other.

Melody broke the silence. “You need help Newton. And it appears I am not the one to help you. I suggest you go wherever you need to go but you cannot stay here. You will only confuse Frank and upset us both.”
Newton hung is head low as he packed a small bag of his things and left to go home to his Mother.

Mary had been a single mother raising Newton and his brother Lincoln on her own. She knew how hard it would be for Melody to do this on her own. But after a long discussion with Newton they agreed he should stay with her for a while. She would try to help him get the help he so desperately needed to recover his sanity and peace of mind. Then maybe .. just maybe he could become a good father to Frank.
Melody breathed a sigh of relief when Newton left. She had been thru a roller coaster of emotions when he was still there after the divorce. She did not hate him because she had come to understand he was not a well balanced person. She felt more pity than hate. She was glad he could finally get help dealing with his conflicting emotions.
She had more important things to concentrate on now. She sold a few things to get enough money to support Frank and herself for a while longer. She could not bear to leave Frank with a sitter for more than a few hours. Not yet anyway. Frank was going to start school soon then she would get a job.
On his birthday she baked a small cake for the two of them to celebrate. She and Frank sang and clapped and danced. He was still her baby … just a bit older.

Melody had kept the chemistry set and after a few safety lessons Frank was allowed to try some simple experiments under Melody’s watchful eye. The next day they enjoyed breakfast together then Melody took him to register for school. The after school Scouting program was fun for Frank. He enjoyed all the activities and proudly displayed his badges.
DeAndre was on tour again but they kept in touch. He was interested in Frank’s progress in school and was glad to hear her Mooch of an ex-husband was finally out of the house.
Melody had applied for a few jobs around town and was waiting to get a call back for an interview. She was fixing herself a pickle and mustard sandwich in the middle of the night when it dawned on her she was having cravings again. Looks like she may have to put that job off just a while longer.
Frank was excited to have a baby brother or sister to play with. Melody and Frank spent hour talking about the baby and making plans. They also spent time playing Chess and other fun games together.
The time was growing closer and Melody needed to tell the baby’s father the news. She was certain it was not Newton’s because they had not been together in that way for way too long. The only other possibility was DeAndre. She was going to have the child of her first true love. She smiled at the thought as she rubbed her expanded tummy humming a sweet lullaby tune.
She was a bit nervous at how DeAndre would take the news. He did well with Frank and seemed to enjoy talking to the kids that came to his concerts in town. He even donated some money to get new playground equipment for the school. This was news that you do not just tell a person on the phone. It was something you needed to say face to face. She wanted to see his reaction in person. But babies do not wait for anyone. Frank was on a scouting trip and DeAndre was due back from his tour any day. Melody had been taking an afternoon nap when she started feeling the labor pains. She called a taxi and rushed to the hospital.
“It’s a boy!” were the last word she heard as she fell back against the pillows. It was a long labor and she was exhausted. “DeAndre”… she whispered into the air. “We have a son.”

Last edited by EuphorialQueen on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:08 am

And that concludes all of the story as originally posted in June 2011 and shared on Wordpress.
The chapter links lead to the Wordpress version. I remember playing thru Frank becoming a Teen but my game became unstable and could no longer be played.
Hope you can enjoy the story for what it is .... my first shared attempt at story telling using The Sims 3.
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:34 am

I absolutely loved reading it. You are a great story teller.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:53 am

Awesome! I remember when you were playing this. I am so glad you posted it here applause applause applause 

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:54 am

You guys are great cheerleaders. Thank you for the kind words.
Back to top Go down
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:48 am

OH, that is a very good story! Loved it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:59 pm

@Gramcrackers wrote:
OH, that is a very good story!  Loved it!
Thank you *Blush*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011   

Back to top Go down

Dreamer of Dreams by EQ *A story created in 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1