For the love of all things related to The Sims

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:08 am

Ok, so after my failed Zombie, and failed Doomsday, I was determined to manage SOME kind of legacy - so here is what I've done so far for my Random EPIc challenge. It's basically what it says on the tin - it's a mixture of the random legacy from http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.co.uk website, that I found on the MTS challenge thread. To make it even more varied I thought it would be good to take a leaf out of the Epic challenge, and have each generation live in a different town, suited to their (rolled) career. I thought it would be good to have all 9 generations rolled, keep the 10th as either a surprise or chosen, if I ever manage to get there!
Here's what I rolled. The ones with names are ones I've already played or are playing:

1) Appaloosa Plains
Single Parent - Willow Love
4 children - Rowan, Phoenix, Rufus, twins Poppy and Jasper
Primary - Politics - currently Level 1.
Gen goal - Idle career
Misc. fun - Live Your Trait - Fam. Oriented - easy!

2) Town: Island Paradise
Step children - Rowan Love
Number of children - 3 Phillip, Michael, and Violet
Primary: Artist
Secondary: Farmer/Nectar Maker
Gen. Goal - Social Bunny
Misc. Fun - It’s So You

3) Town: Monte Vista
Second Chance - Phillip Han
3 children
Primary: Culinary - Phillip Han
Secondary: Stylist - Suriya Nguyen
Primary: Part Time
Gen. Goal: Awesome!
Misc. Fun: Runs in the Family

4) Town: Starlight Shores
Single Parent with ‘Help’
2 children
Primary: Vocalist
Secondary: Freelance Scientist
Gen. goal: Property Mogul
Misc. Fun: Random Traits

5) Town: Sunlit Tides
Couple
1 child
Primary: Lifeguard
Secondary: Private Investigator
Gen. Goal: Expansionist
Misc. Fun: Tattoo Addict

6) Town: Roaring Heights
Couple + Friend
2 children
Primary: Law Enforcement (Super Spy)
Secondary: Freelance Photographer
Primary: Music (Rock Star)
Gen. goal: Living Green
Misc. Fun: Fighter

7) Town: Bridgeport
Mixed Couple
4 children
Primary: Movies (Film)
Secondary: Part Time
Gen. Goal: 5 star celebrity
Misc. A Sim for All Seasons

Cool Aurora Springs
Full House
1 child
Primary: Video Game Designer (Engineer)
Secondary: Blogger
Primary: Law Enforcement (Forensics)
Secondary: Author
Gen. Goal: Photogenic
Misc. fun: Hidden Heritage

9) Town: Moonlight Falls
Single Parent with ‘Double Help’
2 children
Primary: Alchemist
Secondary: Fortune Teller (Con Artist)
Primary: Busker
Gen. Goal: Deadbeat Parents
Misc. Fun: My Precious

Last edited by Butterflyface on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 am

It looks very challenging. I'll be lurking.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:21 am

That's quite a challenge!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Generation 1 -Willow Love   Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:44 pm

This is Willow Love. Fresh out of care, she decided to move to Appaloosa Plains from Bridgeport, to live in the countryside. A bit of a wild child at heart, she likes Egyptian music, pancakes, and the colour orange. She has a desire to change the world for the better, so she gets a job at City Hall.  

As she settled into Appaloosa, she got to know the neighbours, and it wasn't long before she started getting friendly with Calvin Riffin. Unfortunately, Willow got a little bit more than she bargained from their one night of fun! When Calvin realised what had happened, he tried to persuade her to move in with him and his brother and sister. But Willow's an independent woman, and wanted to make sure that she didn't get in between Calvin and his siblings, so she decided to raise the child alone.

After a long labour at home, Willow had a little girl, who she named Rowan. She's a happy little girl, with her Dad's skin and her Mum's hair, and like most babies, likes to be played with a lot!

Willow sometimes gets a little frustrated with all the night-feeds, especially as she's working full-time...

... she's not quite the 'Earth-mother' she pictured, but overall, she's quite a good mum!

It wasn't long before Rowan's first birthday, which Calvin came over for.

After they put Rowan to bed, Calvin tried to persuade Rowan to move in to his house again, but despite his VERY persuasive 'techniques', she said she'd rather keep things as they were. But a short while later, she started throwing up in the toilets at work, so she did a test, and got a BIG FAT POSITIVE!

This time, the discussion about Willow moving in didn't go very well and Calvin ended up storming out in a huff. They eventually made up, but things were never the same afterwards, and they both resigned themselves to remaining in separate households.

During a party, Willow met Felipe Marshall, who was fascinated by her free spirit and willingness to parent alone. The pregnancy went well, and Felipe was visiting when she went into labour and so he helped her with the home birth.

After a fairly straightforward labour, Willow had another little girl, called Phoenix, who this time had her Dad's hair and her Mum's skin colour.

The year flew by very quickly, Rowan grew to a toddler and a romance awkwardly blossomed between Willow and the married Felipe.

Just like Calvin, poor Felipe was torn between his childless marriage with his wife, and the potential to have a family with Willow. By the time Phoenix's first birthday rolled around, Willow was expecting - again!

This time it was a beautiful dark-haired, blue eyed boy, just like his Daddy, called Rufus.

By now, Willow had got this 'parenting solo' thing down well, and although there was never any spare money for trips out, or for huge amounts of toys, Willow brought her children up well, even though she wasn't around during the day. Rowan's birthday came around, and rang her Dad Calvin to invite him to the party, but he apologised and said he wasn't able to make it.

So, Willow invited Felipe round to try and cheer her up, but it didn't really work.

After the three kiddies had gone to bed, Willow cried on Felipe's shoulder about how Rowan didn't really have a relationship with her father, and well, one thing led to another, and they just couldn't help themselves, really!

Christmas was better, and true to twentieth-century 'blended' family form, both Felipe and Calvin were adult enough to be there for their children, and be amicable with each other. (Felipe's standing at the rear-centre with the blue cardigan, and Calvin's stooped over the present pile!)

And the Dad's and other adults were generous with presents, which helped!

And in the New Year, Willow started experiencing the early-morning prayers to the porcelain god again, just in time for Rufus' birthday!

This time, Willow was on her own for the labour, and it was a tough one!

She had a lovely little boy, who she named Jasper...

and immediately afterwards arrived Poppy.

Willow decided that after that birth, she was done having children, and that would be her lot!
Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 pm

In the spring, Phoenix had her birthday, and started school, followed swiftly by the twins. It was a busy day!

There were so many birthdays over the years, it was quite tricky for Willow to keep track of all the events, ceremonies, shows, and school trips! In this photograph, Rowan is already a teenager, Phoenix and Rufus are children, and Jasper and Poppy were becoming children!

Phoenix became a teenager -

and Rufus.

Phoenix started painting in the park - it was a good way to get away from the noisiness in the house.

Willow kept a clear line of communication with Calvin about the older two girls, but decided it was time for her to start going out with friends and having a social life again. Willow met Booker Singleton at a party of Felipe's, and they became friends.

And then, before Willow knew it, the twins were teenagers. Although things were still quite tight financially, they still managed to have quite a party that day!

They had a fabulous party for the twins that day though!

Eventually, Rowan became a young adult, and although she didn't learn to drive, she turned out pretty well. She loves the outdoors, is artistic, friendly, a party animal and loves to swim. Her favourite colour is Turquoise, and she likes Latin music and fruit parfait.

This is her, restyled, in between Willow and her little sister Poppy, who's a bit of a goth.

After graduation, Willow received a letter saying that her great-uncle Jonathan had passed away and left her a house - in Isla Paradiso. After discussing it with the children, they all decided it would be a great opportunity to move there - after all, Rowan wanted to become an artist, and what better place than a paradise?

Last edited by Butterflyface on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Well done Willow raising 5 children. Did she ever get anywhere with her Political aspirations?

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:55 am

Hooray for progress! Great story
 lurking
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
daisylee

Location : I am still darn cute and in my bath now as you can see!

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 am

Well done. I hope you keep going. Keep it simple and keep it fun. If you make it too complicated you probably will not stick with it.

Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6468743
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:52 am

No, MerryWiddow - her generational goal was Idle career - meaning I couldn't do ANYTHING to help her advance her career - up to the point where she had the twins she hadn't managed to get past level 1 of Podium polisher - I think by the time Rowan aged up to adult and they moved she'd got to City Council Member, which is Level 5, so I think she did rather well considering she couldn't do any of the opportunities to help her advance or work hard etc.!

Thanks EQ and daisylee, I've got loads to add, as I'm up to generation 3 at the moment, and I'm finding it really fun because it's forcing me to do things that I would never normally choose to do - everything from where they live, their careers, their relationships, the number of children he or she has!

I do struggle when it comes to finding suitable partners - as you'll see in a bit! It does require some thinking about, and a little bit of adapting - I'm not sticking to the rules 100%, because it's not always possible, but it's not like I'm entering a competition or anything! Any advice you guys have about anything is always appreciated!
Back to top Go down
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:08 am

This is just my opinion, but I have seen person after person after person start "legacies" and almost everyone loses interest in them. I think if they are too rule driven they are not fun and people think if they "fail" at something along the way then what is the point and they move on to something else.

If you pick just a few aspects of one as those are goals you would like to do I think you (all of us) are more apt to stay with it. I build a lot, I do worlds, and take breaks from sims and still have 33 generations of my family so far. If I played on a steady basis and did not do all the other things I probably would be at double that.

I set a few goals each generation and sometimes I make them and sometimes I don't. I figure if I miss something it will be done later.

Smile 

And if I start Sims 4 I play to do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:24 am

I think you're right - I think I like to try and make things as realistic as possible, so I don't mind fiddling with Relativity so the day is longer and they can actually do things outside of work, sleeping, eating, washing and peeing! Smile
And at appropriate times, I may give them a cash gift - for example, when they move to IP, it's because Willow receives a house from a very distant and unknown relative as inheritance, otherwise she wouldn't really have cause to move there! (I'd forgotten that - I need to go back and change it!) I often don't get much of the 'fun' challenge done, but I will at least try to get it done once!

It might seem quite prescriptive - but I actually like that it's making me play different Sims from the mini-me's I usually play! Smile
Back to top Go down
daisylee

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:30 am

I have never played me or anyone I know in Sims 1,2,3. I like that my legacy checklist is reminding me to do all the LTW, all the careers, play all the traits, and so on. That way I know what I have done and what I want to do. You are right that it encourages us to do other things.

Smile 
Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:32 am

Yes, it always get a little weird when I follow one of my children into adulthood - I always have to look away when they have a bath or 'woohoo'! :D
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:14 am

@Butterflyface wrote:
Ok, so after my failed Zombie, and failed Doomsday, I was determined to manage SOME kind of legacy.
Have you read mine lately? It's A Goode Thing has turned into a test of patience and perseverance.
 Suspect  But I am determined to do what it takes to twist a few 'rules' to keep it going.   Whistle
 Horsey  Just have fun!  Horsey 
Never give up. Never surrender! By Grabthar's Hammer, by the sons of Warvan we shall succeed in having fun.
{ Loosely quoted from Galaxy Quest }
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:28 am

Good story! 5 children can be tough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Generation 2 - Isla Paradiso   Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:34 am

The move to IP went really well - and the house that had been left to them was spacious enough for Willow and the younger four children and much better than their old home, and Willow managed to transfer her job which was an amazing bonus. Rowan had saved up enough to rent a little house boat, which gave her fantastic views to paint.

On her first night, she couldn't resist going for a moonlight swim, taking in the stars and enjoying her new freedom as an adult.

Every day she painted...

and practised her guitar.

and made little touches to the boat that made it reflect her personality.

A highlight of her first week was meeting what she thought might possibly be a mermaid?

When things got a bit tough financially, she busked in the park. With such beautiful surroundings, she couldn't be miserable even when she was skint!

She was so talented at painting though, that all her paintings would get snapped up at the consignment store, and with the proceeds, it wasn't very long before Rowan managed to buy a lot on a nearby island and build a large hut-type shelter to get a house started. Although she could see the family house from her view, they couldn't see her, which was just the way she liked it!

Being quite the party animal, Rowan loved getting out and about to meet new people. One day on the beach she met a police officer, Devin Han, and they were instantly attracted to each other. There was a problem though - Devin was married with two children!

Rowan knew what it was like to only be brought up by one parent, and how hard it was for them, so she tried her best to stay away from Devin, but it was no good, and eventually, they started seeing each other in secret.

Eventually, they decided that they had to do the right thing and come clean with Devin's wife, so they divorced and shortly after that, Rowan decided that if she and Devin were to marry, it would validate their relationship and prove to the community how much they loved each other.

They had a private ceremony on the beach of Rowan's island, and after discussing it with his ex, it was decided that the two children would live with Devin and his new wife on the island, as they were in a better position to support the children with two jobs.

So, Devin's sons Phillip and Michael, one a teenager, the other still a child, moved in with them. They had the house entirely rebuilt with Devin's money from the settlement, and their new life together began.

Rowan tried to bond with Phillip and Michael, but Phillip held a lot of resentment towards Rowan for being the cause of their parents splitting, and as Michael aged up to being a teenager, Rowan realised he had quite a nasty streak in him, so they never really became friends either. 

However, Rowan and Devin were very happy together, and it wasn't long before they were expecting a child of their own.

Rowan had inherited the wild, nature loving side that her mum had, so she decided she wanted to stay at home for the birth. The birth was so quick that Rowan didn't even make it to the bedroom on time, and a healthy little girl was born in their hallway, who they called Violet.

Phillip was quite a well behaved teenager really. His brother Michael was annoying though, so he decided to take up windsurfing - it was a healthy activity that also gave him a bit of freedom and ability to travel around the islands as he wanted to, sometimes visiting his mum, and sometimes going out with friends.

Devin was good dad, and looked after Violet when Rowan was exhausted and needed to catch up on some sleep.

Soon the time came for Violet's birthday, so the Hans threw one of their famous parties, and all the Love's came along to see their new niece grow into a toddler.

And here she is - with her mother's hair, it seems!

The days flew by into months and then it was Rowan's birthday - as an adult, she was becoming quite a well-known painter in the area, and decided that she wouldn't have any more children so that she could concentrate on her career.

As Devin aged up to an elder, he decided he wanted to be a nectar maker, and after his first crop failed due to the salty ground, he decided to move to Monte Vista to give his dream a real chance. Of course that meant taking Rowan and the children with him, but as Phillip wanted to be a chef, that worked quite well. They waited until Phillip had left school, and then they sold the island home and made for the warm climate of Italy.
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 am

What the heart wants... the heart gets. Great update.
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 am

Great update indeed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.   

Back to top Go down

Butterflyface's Random EPic challenge.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1