HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:41 pm

As I write this, I'm uncertain as to how many humans there are alive left out there. Everyone we know has been taken by the plague, family and friends alike. Me and my girlfriend Gemima have been on the road for a few months already, living from a tent, and catching what we can to eat. We've come across a fresh pond with fish, and after scavenging for some fencing, we've decided to try and settle here, where at least we can fish for a while. This is me, Adam Appleton.

And this is my girlfriend, Gemima.

I'm the fisherman, really; she's more into gardening, but she's been giving me a hand with getting a haul in as quickly as possible. We've had to go quite a while without food on our travels.
This is us having our first good, hot meal in ages.

Early the next morning, I started laying down the foundations for the house.

It's hard work, but I'm really glad I took those extra carpentry lessons at school - it's really paying off now!

We've decided that we need to try and scavenge some furniture, so we're taking a trip out tomorrow to some lots in town that looked promising. They looked like abandoned shops, warehouses and houses, so we ought to find something in all of that.

The mission was a huge success. We managed to get loads home before a stray zombie turned up and we had to leg it home.

I managed to make a toilet from bits I picked up, which definitely beats going in the bushes!

So, the house is beginning to look a bit like a normal house. We could have chosen an abandoned house in town, but I like this better. It takes a lot of work, but at least it's really ours. We even have a bathtub I built, which we fill from the pond. That first bath was amazing! I don't ever remember being THAT pleased to be clean!

And I decided to pop the question to Gem. It's not like we can get married at the registry office or anything, but it made us forget about the horrors of the last few months for a while!

Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:45 am

I love it. I hope they will be able to have a proper wedding some day.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
Pieta

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:50 pm

LOVE!! Can't wait for more updates  cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://ladypieta.wordpress.com/
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Gem's been starting a garden with some seeds she found near the pond.

Turns out she's pretty good at growing things - the plants aren't the only thing she's growing! She does look like she could really have done with an epidural or at least some gas and air.

As it was, I had to be her midwife - it's a good job I've been doing lots of reading, I almost lost them both, but luckily, they pulled through. And this is me with my son, a healthy, happy boy, who we called Billy. He has strong legs and is always watching everything around him. I'm sure he's going to be athletic and quite perceptive when he's older.

I'm still having to fix things around the house - that bathtub I built is always leaking!

And look how big Billy's getting now! It's nice for me to see how he takes after me so much - I do wonder if I'll be able to keep us all going to see him reach adulthood!

Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Tagging this thread for lurking.  lurking

Households by EQCreations & Spaces by EQCreations
Rosebud Challenge & Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge & Rosebud In The City
ChallengeMashUp
Eco Existence Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
The Sims Creators' Consortium
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:45 pm

I'll be lurking too!

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
Pieta

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Great update - that tub is PERFECT for this challenge Wink

Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am

I like the crib too! Smile And I'm itching to use the highchair and potty!
Back to top Go down
Pieta

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 am

@Butterflyface wrote:
I like the crib too! :)And I'm itching to use the highchair and potty!

It won't be long, they grow up so fast!  ROFL 

I haven't come across any really good (bigger) cribs that look handmade (not in a good way) or really old or rusty. So if you find one let me know. I was thinking of recoloring the base game crib which is metal to look crummy, but I ended up downloading Pilar's Magic Forest 2 - Buho Crib . I thought it looked like something Marcus could have made from scrap wood. Actually the whole set has great possibilities... We shall see...

Billy is adorable - more pictures please  flower 
Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:04 pm

ooh, I like that new crib - it's loverly!

I've altered the rules somewhat for my game - they are allowed to leave the lot, but have to run away from other humans if they turn up at the lot - which makes for short windows of opportunity for scavenging usually, as it's never very long before someone else turns up!
Whatever they scavenge, I roll to see how many items they recover, so if the scrap comes to S200, and I roll a 3, then they have that money to spend on 3 items.
I've also changed the survival trait/non-survival trait system - they can have non-survival traits, but it gives them a -1 to their rolls in fights with zombies. (I installed the Violence and Aggression mod from MTS.)
Obviously now Billy's here, they tend to go out solo, and someone stays with the baby. (They take it in turns - they have a very equal relationship!)
Births can be very risky too - if no-one has a logic lvl5, then the risks are high; rolling an 9-10 they're fine, 7-8, the mother survives, the baby dies. 5-6, the baby survives, but the mother dies, and 1-4, they both die. This goes up a bit if someone has Logic lvl 5; 5-10, they're fine, 3-4, mother survives, baby dies, 2, the baby survives, the mother dies, and 1, they both die. SO you can see why the chess table was so necessary! They only had one bookcase! Smile
I am really enjoying it though - I shall play some more hopefully tomorrow or over the weekend - tonight, I'm on a rare trip out! I'm off to see a live streaming from the British Museum of their 'Vikings' exhibition! I went to the 'Pompeii - Live' one a few months ago and it was great to see the highlights of the exhibition without having to make the enormous effort it would take for me to get to London to see it! (Although I only live about 80 miles away, it's quite an undertaking when you have to have a wheelchair and someone to push it, and to go on public transport!) So, to get a ticket for a £10 to go to my local cinema is a lot easier and a lot cheaper! So I'm off with my mum and kids no. 1 & 2!  thumbs up 
Back to top Go down
Pieta

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:07 pm

@Butterflyface wrote:
...I've also changed the survival trait/non-survival trait system - they can have non-survival traits, but it gives them a -1 to their rolls in fights with zombies. (I installed the Violence and Aggression mod from MTS.) ... Births can be very risky too - if no-one has a logic lvl5, then the risks are high; rolling an 9-10 they're fine, 7-8, the mother survives, the baby dies. 5-6, the baby survives, but the mother dies, and 1-4, they both die. This goes up a bit if someone has Logic lvl 5; 5-10, they're fine, 3-4, mother survives, baby dies, 2, the baby survives, the mother dies, and 1, they both die. SO you can see why the chess table was so necessary! They only had one bookcase! Smile ... I am really enjoying it though -  I shall play some more hopefully tomorrow or over the weekend - tonight, I'm on a rare trip out! I'm off to see a live streaming from the British Museum of their 'Vikings' exhibition! I went to the 'Pompeii - Live' one a few months ago and it was great to see the highlights of the exhibition without having to make the enormous effort it would take for me to get to London to see it! (Although I only live about 80 miles away, it's quite an undertaking when you have to have a wheelchair and someone to push it, and to go on public transport!)  So, to get a ticket for a £10 to go to my local cinema is a lot easier and a lot cheaper! So I'm off with my mum and kids no. 1 & 2!  thumbs up 

You are so much braver than me!!! It will be interesting to see how things "roll" out! I've looked at that mod, I was googling around for a mod that made Zombies more zombie like but I only found the one on MTS which wouldn't really make a difference for my challange as we are not yet leaving the homebase. I thought I found one but it was for Sims 2! O'Well!

Enjoy your "trip" that sounds awesome. Really sounds like a win win!! Let us know how it was Smile cheers 
Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 am

It's been 3 years at the plot now - Billy is a fine young toddler, quick to learn things, and a pretty well behaved child.
Gem's been finding things while she gardens - we seem to be getting lots of little critters coming under the fence. I think it's to get to the pond.

We've also had a few fires from the fireplace. It can get quite scary when you know there's no fire service to come and help you out. We've decided to only have fires in autumn and winter, otherwise the only heat we get is from the fire pit outside.

But thankfully, we've not lost more than a couple of chairs, and it's easy enough to scavenge a replacement. Billy's started playing really nicely with his toys on his own, and we managed to find some pull-ups for bed time. They're girly ones, but I don't think he minds - we're just glad to have some!

And Gem's been teaching him about gardening already, so I think he'll be quite good when he grows up!

It wasn't long after Billy's birthday that Gem talked about having another child; our food production is going well, and although it was going to be a risk to Gem's health, she wanted to go for it, hence I woke up to this one day!

So we started planning what extensions we could make to the house in the future. Gem said she thinks we should spread out, but I think it would be better to build a second floor.

Gem's been really suffering with this one!

By the time the baby arrived, I had all the housework down pat, and managed to look after Billy during the first part of the labour.

Luckily, everything was fine. I dread to think how many women out there have died from childbirth over the last few years. I've pretty much given up hope of any military or government assistance arriving now. It's just me, Gem, Billy and the baby. We haven't decided on a name yet, so I'll write again once we have.

Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:33 am

Another interesting update.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:33 pm

lurking

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/EuphorialQueen/mystudio http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/
Pieta

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:30 pm

WaveCheer 
Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Yes! We've finally decided on a name - after 2 days we decided on Bianca. Well, it was snowing when she was born! And then, that evening, we realised it was my birthday! It's quite difficult to keep track of time now - I shall have to see if I can make some kind of sun-clock perhaps!

I'm determined to be a hands-on dad this time! Last time I was too busy building the house!

The zombies are still out there though - every full moon there's at least one out there, but at least we can kind of predict when they're more likely to be about. Here's one I saw on the other side of the fence the other night.

I also messed up and forgot all about Gem's birthday. She wasn't very happy with me.

Yesterday, we had a fire in the house. But it was fine, we managed to fight it before it got very far.

Gemma's been looking after the baby so that I could go out and try and find some toys for the children. Billy's getting a bit bored playing with the same things all the time.

And I've been potty training Billy.

I've been working out - not only do I have to protect the family from zombies, but I have a feeling there might some shifty people starting to move into town - I saw one when I was rummaging a store the other day, but I managed to get away unseen and get home.

I'm glad I managed to find some more toys for the kids; Billy's starting to get really good with his peg box - he's a chip off the old block.

------------------------------

We're still here, hanging in - Billy's grown a lot, and has begun skating on the pond.

And Bianca's going to be really beautiful if we manage to get her to adulthood.

I've built the children a treehouse with bits of wood, and part of an old slide. They love it!

And yesterday, we had Bianca's birthday - it won't be long before she'll have to start learning survival skills; Gemima and I are getting older, and we won't be here forever. Each day I look at the zombies at the fence and am reminded that we're only one bite away from being taken away from them. But isn't she growing up beautifully?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's summertime now, so we're busy in the garden. Billy's grown up into a teenager. He's mostly a good lad, but sometimes gets a bit stroppy. I suppose it's to be expected. He is very helpful with the gardening and fishing, so that really helps out.

I've built another two bedrooms above the house. Billy and Bianca couldn't share any more, and the main room was getting quite crowded, so I thought it best to convert our old bedroom into a kitchen. What do you think?

Bianca's got a knack for befriending small animals; sometimes she keeps them for a while, sometimes we eat them if we're really short of food. Sometimes I skin them and use them to make things.

For now, we're just keeping the plants going, and keeping our heads low - no humans have come across the house as yet.

And look, I found a water pump in an abandoned garden centre.

We still try to all eat around the fire at the same time - it's not a family dinner table, but it's the nearest we'll get for the foreseeable future.

The undead just keep coming though. I don't know if there are many of us out there left, nor how many zombies we might find if we left the house for a long stretch in time. I'm thinking it might be time to take Billy on his first trip out.

He's been working out enough - I think he'll be fast enough to get away if we should come across any unfriendly humans or zombies.

But the good news is, we have a little surprise on the way!

I always worry about how the birth will go - I'm getting quite used to helping her through it though! Thankfully, everything was fine - this is little Bethany in her cot. Isn't she beautiful?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like no time at all has passed since Bethany arrived; She's very watchful, always watching us at our work, and loves being in the garden like Bianca. She's learnt to walk and talk now; I don't think it will take very long before she's a young girl.

I climbed a tree not far from the house the other day - I wanted to look for signs of life in the distance. I didn't see anything obvious, but I did get a good view of the house.

[/url

Gemima was taking the rubbish out the other day when she noticed that her sense of smell was much stronger than normal - and yes, she's pregnant again! I'm really glad I extended the house - we can move things around so that Bianca and Bethany share, the baby can be in our room, and Billy can have his old room back.

[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=275&u=17693528]

Here I am reading to Bethany - my hair's so white now!

I managed to find a rocking chair a few months ago - Gemima's using it more now she gets a sore back, she's not as young as she used to be. As if there wasn't enough to worry about all the time, I now fear that the children are going to have old parents to look after soon.
Bianca's been working out as well - it's probably time I let her come out hunting with me and Billy. Gemima often stays home with the children now. It started when she stayed at home with Billy when she was pregnant with Bianca, but with two more pregnancy's it's just become a habit!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Gemima writing. It's been a while since Adam last wrote. A few months ago, in the winter, we were sitting and reading by the fire, when a spark caught the chair that Adam was sitting on, and without realising it, Adam was caught alight very quickly. I tried my best to put the fire out.

However the fire got out of control very quickly; try as we might, I couldn't get to Adam to dowse him enough in time.

I did eventually manage to put the fire out, but it was too late. Adam had choked on the fumes and burnt to death. I could have sworn I saw a shadow move through the fire, but I was too busy tackling the fire to really see anything. So he's gone. The love of my life - we went through so much together. We will never forget him.

The shock of the fire and losing Adam like that put me into premature labour. It was touch and go, but I'd gone through it enough times to talk Billy and Bethany through it.

I managed to deliver a boy, who I called Adam. But whether he was born too soon, too quickly, or for some other reason, he didn't live for long. He was taken from us very quickly.

For a long time, I would just spend my evenings alone in the dark. But eventually, I realised my children needed me, so it was just time to get up and keep going.

And Adam is a young man now. We've been getting threats from a local gang. He says either we join them, or they'll keep coming to take something as 'protection money' every day. I don't like it, but we don't have much choice.

Isn't he a fine young man? I'm sure he'll keep us all safe.

Young Blossom loves animals; she's desperate to befriend a stray, but I've had to warn her to leave them alone. She left the boundaries to talk to a dog the other day, but didn't realise how dangerous it was to leave the fence unlocked.

She came back in quickly, as it was near sundown, but a zombie managed to get in behind her, and got as far as the front porch. Adam managed to get there quickly and attacked the zombie.

He managed to crack it's neck quickly - and saved us all.

It was disturbing, but at the same time, I think was good for Adam to see how strong he's become. I worry about him joining the gang, but it's the only choice we have. I think that's enough for now. Adam needs a nappy change.
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:02 pm

I think I'm a little confused. Maybe I should read it again. I thought the baby Adam died. Did you mean Billy aged up to a young man? Did you mean Billy killed the zombie? Then at the end you say Adam needs a nappy change. Definitely confused, but a riveting story.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Sorry - I'm very tired! I meant that Billy killed the zombie, and yes, both Adam the elder and Adam the baby died. (I mistakenly put that Adam needed a nappy change - maybe Gemima's losing the plot a little after the death of her husband and baby? :S)
Back to top Go down
EuphorialQueen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:10 pm

I figured out that Blossom could endanger herself and the family by wandering outside the fence. And that Gemima is a bit rattled from grief so her accountings may be a bit muddled. Having husband and baby lost in such a horrible way would indeed warrant a bit of a mental break.
Perhaps she just wants to not believe they are gone.

ChallengeMashUp
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 pm

Ah... that explains it.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
Pieta

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Wow - What an update!! A lot going on! So sad about Adam Sr & Adam Jr.!!! RIP

I had to chuckle at Death freaking out at Gemma going into labor! I think I recognized Bella3lek4's Violence Mod being used there! Did you manage to keep Little Adam in the family tree? I'm wondering the best way to do that - IF its necessary....

Back to top Go down
Butterflyface

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 pm

I think he's still in the tree - I usually use MC to Force Kill them and select something like Blunt Trauma, dehydration or starvation as a cause of death - I suppose drowning might be appropriate for a birth mishap? Icky. I shall check later or tomorrow for you.

Yeah, weirdly, Billy has a relationship with Grim, and I think he's even been asked out on a date by him! :S And yes, it's the violence mod - I thought it would come in handy, and it did! Otherwise, it could have got a bit messy in there!

I'm also quite please to have picked up the Ye Olde Laundry from MTS - it means they can have a washing line now. Some of the medieval cribs look nice too, although it might be some time before we get another baby in the house!
Back to top Go down
Pieta

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:37 pm

@Butterflyface wrote:
I think he's still in the tree - I usually use MC to Force Kill them and select something like Blunt Trauma, dehydration or starvation as a cause of death - I suppose drowning might be appropriate for a birth mishap? Icky. I shall check later or tomorrow for you.

Yeah, weirdly, Billy has a relationship with Grim, and I think he's even been asked out on a date by him! :S And yes, it's the violence mod - I thought it would come in handy, and it did! Otherwise, it could have got a bit messy in there!

I'm also quite please to have picked up the Ye Olde Laundry from MTS - it means they can have a washing line now. Some of the medieval cribs look nice too, although it might be some time before we get another baby in the house!

Thanks for checking! I'll have to check out Ye Olde Laundry that would be great!
Back to top Go down
Buttonsginger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:55 pm

eeek Wow! Following along  lurking

hello6 Happy Simming!   coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BUTTONSGINGER/mystudio http://buttonsginger.wordpress.com/
Gramcrackers

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am

Good story!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Gramcrackers
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge   

Back to top Go down

Yet ANOTHER Zombie Survival Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next