View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: 50 Foal Challenge   Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 am

The 50 Foal Challenge by Rawla-SIMyth

@Rawla-SIMyth wrote:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/450566.page#6705390

Hello all you horse enthusiasts out there. Here is a challenge for you. It is a little something I've created for horses. Yes, those beloved equine mares and stallions we all adore will now have a challenge of their very own. If this peaks your interest, read on.

OFFICIAL RULES:

1. Create (not adopt) one Sim and One horse. Your horse may be male or female. Your Sim may also be male or female and does not have to be the same gender as your horse.

2. NO money cheats are allowed.

3. Each foal should have a different sire (father). Or dam (mother) if your horse is male.

4. Your Mare's (or Stallion) goal is to have 50 foals.

5. Yes, you may use any and all lifetime reward points your horse may have. You may also train them, race them, jump with them, etc. as you wish.

6. You may choose to sell, give away, etc each foal as it ages up into adulthood. Do not give away/sell a foal. (Alternate: You can sell a foal but only IF it achieves a trained trait such as 'fast'.)

7. Your Sim human (or vampire) can be any age with any traits. But YA is suggested so they can live longer and take care of all the horses/foals that will come to be under their care. Yes, other Sims may join your household.

8. Your human Sim and any other sims may NOT choose a job or profession. (Except for Teenage Sims. The teenagers may have part-time jobs until graduation. Then they will either have to quit and help out on the ranch or move away.) Their job is to care for their growing ranch. They may collect, garden and fish, etc for extra simoleons. Self-employment is optional. (Hint: There is the horseman/horsewoman self-employment option now.)

9. You may choose any world you wish. But it must have the JRA International Equestrian Center in the world somewhere. As this is where you will be going with your Mare to breed her, contest her and sell your grown-up foals. You can also use Unicorns, Wild Horses and adopted ones as Sires to your foals. Used only once of course.

10. A little note on lot size. You may choose any size you wish IF it is at least a 30x30. The bigger the better but watch those beginning funds.

11. For those that use Stallions as their Founding horse, the mare that is impregnated must belong to the household at the time of birth. You can sell her afterwards if you wish. But that means bottle-feeding the foal.

12. Yes, your Sim may have other pets besides horses, such as a dog, cat, etc. Try to limit their numbers though so you still have room to work with your horse population.

13. Yes you may go to Edit Town and create more households for the town (with or without animals/horses) but your are NOT allowed to change the active household at any time.

14. When you create a thread or story, please include a link to these rules in your first post. This is the link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/450566.page#6705390
This is not an actual rule but a request.

NOTES:

More details will be added as things get fine-tuned so check back or ask questions if you get stuck.

#11 rule was just added for those that are using stallions.

Lot size minimum adjusted down to 30x30 for those that like to begin a game in a starter house lot.

#12 Was added. Yes your Sim can have non-horse pets if you like.

Added note for breeding on rule #9.

Made a few additions to clarify what you can do with the horse.

#13 Added.

#14 Added.

A few adjustments were made for ease of gameplay. Please see the following rules: 2, 6. Also, an Alternate #2 was added below.

Alternative Challenge Strategy

Alternate #1 - Use two mares (or stallions) instead of one. The second mare can be created in CAS or adopted in-game. Each mare will have the goal to produce 25 foals each instead of 50. All other rules of the challenge will apply.

NEW! Alternate #2 - Use five mares. Each must produce 10 foals. All the mares may use the same stallions for breeding, but each mare may use each stallion only once.

The first mare must be created in CAS along with your founding Sim. The other four mares may be adopted, bought or born into the household. (They do NOT have to be producing foals at the same time. You can use the 'next generation' card for choosing your mares if you wish.)

All other rules of the challenge will apply.

I moved it as I didn't want to loose it.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Last edited by MerryWiddow on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 am

SIMyth wrote:
For those that don't want to have one mare produce 50 foals, I've included an alternative challenge strategy. Two mares producing 25 foals each. Read about the details on the Official Rules thread if you like.

Just make sure to check the official rules on the TS3 site if you plan to do this challenge. Link in the first post.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/MerryWiddow/mystudio http://merrywiddow.wordpress.com/
Rawla-SIMyth

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Thank you for moving this over. sunny
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 pm

You're welcome. I didn't want to loose it.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:36 pm

I am thinking of doing this challenge and making it a funny story, but I do kinda feel bad for the mare 50 foals. Poor girl.
It gives a me excuss to play appaloosa. Still haven't put a simfoot in it. :happy:
Back to top Go down
Rawla-SIMyth

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Dutchysim wrote:
I am thinking of doing this challenge and making it a funny story, but I do kinda feel bad for the mare 50 foals. Poor girl.
It gives a me excuss to play appaloosa. Still haven't put a simfoot in it. :happy:

You can also choose to use 2 mares or 5. See the optional gameplay section at the bottom of the rules. I can't wait for you to begin! A funny story with this challenge sounds awesome. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 am

Well, I think I am going to do it with to mares, seems more fun Smile
I am going to go in game and see what I can do.
If I have something post able I let you know. Wink
Back to top Go down
auntielynds
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:20 am

Dutchysim wrote:
Well, I think I am going to do it with two mares, seems more fun Smile
I am going to go in game and see what I can do.
If I have something post able I let you know. Wink

I read this first and thought, "You're going to need a stallion there somewhere Dutchy. Wink "
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/auntielynds/mystudio

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:37 am

Yeah I know, but I don't think you can have both genders.
I have to breed them in the rabbithole. Razz
But I do wonder if I can let one foal who is born and a stallion breed my other mare when he is big.
I mean the challenge is to have the mare breed 25 foals of different stallions right?
I wonder if you also may buy a stallion for breeding and then sell him again.
Hmm, does anybody know these answers or should I asked them on the EA Forum?
Back to top Go down
MerryWiddow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:29 am

As Rawla created this challenge, I'm sure she can answer any of your questions.

MerryWiddow's Blog

Back to top Go down
Dini60

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 am

The way I read this rule

11. For those that use Stallions as their Founding horse, the mare that is impregnated must belong to the household at the time of birth. You can sell her afterwards if you wish. But that means bottle-feeding the foal.

I would think that you would be allowed to have the stallion in the house hold also. Then sell it later. But Rawla would have to confirm this.

I'll have a café, mocha, vodka, valium latte to go please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Dini60/mystudio
Rawla-SIMyth

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Dutchysim wrote:
Yeah I know, but I don't think you can have both genders.
I have to breed them in the rabbithole. Razz
But I do wonder if I can let one foal who is born and a stallion breed my other mare when he is big.
I mean the challenge is to have the mare breed 25 foals of different stallions right?
I wonder if you also may buy a stallion for breeding and then sell him again.
Hmm, does anybody know these answers or should I asked them on the EA Forum?

Dini is correct.
Yes. This is allowed. You can also adopt from a neighbor or adopt a wild one and add them as well for the breeding and then sell when they are done. Have fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 pm

I still don't know if I am going to do it. I play around with pictures of it this afternoon and even made a chapter, but it doesn't feel right.
So I don't know if I can make a story out of it. Of course I can always do the challenge without a story :)
Back to top Go down
Rawla-SIMyth

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 pm

You don't need to write a story. If you want to just post your progress, that would be great too. Whatever you decide, just have fun. :dance:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Your right Rawla, but I do like taking pictures for the challenge and telling the progress, so I am going to do that :)
Back to top Go down
Rawla-SIMyth

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Dutchysim wrote:
Your right Rawla, but I do like taking pictures for the challenge and telling the progress, so I am going to do that Smile

Excellent! Celebrate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 Foal Challenge   

Back to top Go down

50 Foal Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1